And your friend looks at you and says, "Wow. You look fantastic!"
你朋友看著你,然后說"你看起來真精神"
Now, how do you feel at that point? You feel fantastic.
這時候你會有什么感覺?你會覺得自己很精神
And you know you walk a little bit more pride, more proud and you walk into the classroom just here.
你走路會走得更得意,然后你走進這間教室
And another friend sees you and says, "Wow! You look fantastic!"
另一個朋友看到你說,"你看起來真精神"
And how do you feel at this point? Well, fantastic-er!
這時你會有什么感覺?更精神了
And then you come in. You sit down here. And another friend who you haven't seen for a month sees you,
然后你進來,坐下。另一個一個月沒見面的朋友
"Wow! You look fantastic!" And how do you feel at this point? Fantastic-ist!
"你真精神"!這時你有什么感覺?你精神到不能再精神了
And so on and so on and so on, made you day in an upward spiral.
往復循環,你這天就會越過越好
Now think about a slightly different scenario.
現在假設是另一種情境

You walk in 1504 on Thursday morning.
星期四早上你走進1504課室
And suddenly a friend of yours whom you trust and value sees you and says, "oh my God, what's wrong?"
突然一個你信任和重視的朋友看到你跟你說"天啊,你怎么了?"
Now there may have been nothing wrong before; there is a lot wrong now.
本來你沒事的,但現在有事了
And you walk in the door, and someone sees you and says, "oh my Lord."
你走進教室,有人看到你說"天啊"
And how do you feel? You feel even worse.
你會有什么感覺?你會覺得更糟了
And you sit down and you see someone else who looks at you, just completely shocked.
你剛坐下看到又有人看著你,完全震驚了
And you are feeling worse-r and worse-ist. And so on and so on and so on in a downward spiral.
這時你的感覺跌到谷底了。惡性循環,越來越糟
Appreciation creates upward spiral. And we know, sometimes, one sentence, one word at the beginning of the day — and you have a wonderful day, or week.
感激能形成良性循環。我們知道有時候,一日之始聽到的一句話、一個詞能讓你過上愉快的一天,甚至一周