地點:菲比公寓
人物:菲比,帕克
事件:菲比無法忍受帕克對一切都贊美的“人生態度”
劇情文字
Phoebe: Let’s play the game of… who can stay quiet the longest.
菲比:讓我們來玩……“誰能最久不說話”的游戲。
Parker: Or Jenga.
帕克:或者玩“層層疊”。
Phoebe: Let’s play this one first, and remember, whoever talks first loses.
菲比:我們先玩這個,記住,先說話的人就輸了。
Parker: I lose, now Jenga.
帕克:我輸了,現在來玩層層疊吧。
Phoebe: Oh my God! Oh my God!
菲比:哦,天啊!我的天??!
Parker: Is something wrong?
帕克:有什么不對嗎?
Phoebe: Wrong? You know the word wrong? Everything isn’t perfect? Everything isn’t magical? Everything isn’t a glow with the light of a million fairies? They were just brake lights, Parker!
菲比:不對?你還知道“不對”這個詞?不是萬事萬物都很完美嗎?一切不都是神奇的嗎?一切不都是發光發亮的精靈嗎?那只是紅綠燈而已,帕克!
Parker: Well, excuse me for putting a good spin on a traffic jam!
帕克:好吧,美化交通堵塞是我的錯誤。
Phoebe: You don’t have to put a good spin on everything.
菲比:你不需要美化每一個東西、每一件事情的。
Parker: I’m sorry; that’s who I am. I’m a positive person.
帕克:對不起,我就是這樣.我是一個樂觀的人。
Phoebe: No! I am a positive person. You are like Santa Clauseon Prozac, at Disneyland, getting laid!
菲比:你不是!我這樣的才叫樂觀!你像是吃百憂解的圣誕老人在迪士尼樂園被別人占便宜了!
Parker: So what do you want me to do?You want me to be more negative, less happy?
帕克:那你想讓我怎么樣?你想讓我變得消極、變得不快樂嗎?
Phoebe: Much less happy!
菲比:要比現在不快樂很多!
Parker: Fine! Well then to quote Ross, “I’d better be going.”
帕克:好吧!那我也只好引用羅斯的話:我還是先走好了。
Phoebe:So long! Don’t let the best door in the world hit you in the ass on your way out!
菲比:再見!千萬不要讓世上最好的門打到你的屁股。
n. 閘,剎車,制動器
v. 剎車