In fact, it's not just about focusing on the "full half" or, the "full half". It's focusing on the 90%.
事實上,看到積極占"整整一半"還不夠,看到一半還不夠,要看到那90%
Because there is a lot more good than bad in our world.
因為世界上好事比壞事多得多
And it's important not just because it is a nice thing to do, not just because it makes us healthier and happier.
我們需要關注它們,不僅因為這樣做是好事,不僅因為這樣做能讓我們更健康更幸福
It's important because focus creates reality.
還因為關注能創造現實
I mean we saw it on so many levels.
我們都明白這個道理
We saw it with the children on the bus that we didn't notice.
當我們看到公車上沒人照看的小孩
We saw it when it came to Marva Collins who said "let's focus on the seed of greatness in these individuals".
當Marva Collins說以下這句話時,"我們要關注人性中偉大的種子"
We saw it with the research on resilience
我們在恢復性研究里看過
when the focus was on "why are so many failing" versus
當關注點從"為什么這么多人失敗了"
"what make some individuals succeed"
轉變為"為什么情況這么困難, 但有些人能成功"

despite the unfavorable circumstances.
我們就能明白這個道理
Focus creates reality. Also, think about it.
關注創造現實,大家想想
I mean when we read about frauds
當我們看到詐騙罪時
and dishonesty in newspaper constantly, what we begin to believe, what we naturally begin to believe is "well, you want to be successful?
看到報紙上經常報道的不正當行為時,我們開始相信,我們開始相信"你想成功?"
You want to become the CEO of a Fortune 500 company, like Enron? You have to engage in fraud.
你想成為財富500強的CEO?像安然那樣的公司?那你就要犯詐騙罪
There is no real other way to succeed. Why?
除此以外, 沒有別的成功道路了,為什么
Because the millions of other people who are succeeding honestly are not reported on, are mostly not reported on. And that's what we focus on.
因為另外那幾百萬個靠正當途徑成功的人,沒有被報道,大部分都沒有被報道,我們關注的是負面
Not to say it's not important to have whistle blower and to talk about these things.
我并非說揭發者存在并不重要,報道負面新聞并不重要
It's equally important though to also focus on those who do it honestly and well, because there are vast majority, way over 90%.
但同樣重要的是,我們還要關注那些正直而且成功的人,因為他們才是大多數,超過90%