Making drawings on land, on quite a large scale is something people have been doing for thousands of years.
數千年來,人們一直有著在大地上繪制大型畫作的傳統。
I'm Simon Beck and I make drawings in the snow.
我是西蒙·貝克,我在雪地里畫畫。
It started as a bit of fun but gradually it's taken over my life.
一開始在雪地里畫畫是為了好玩,后來就變成了我生活的主要內容。
A ballpark estimate of footsteps, about 5,000 steps in an hour.
走出一個球場大小的腳印圈,一小時要走將近5,000步。
A big drawing, two hours measuring, eight hours work.
要❀一大幅圖出來,測量就需要兩個小時,具體走則需要8個小時。
You're looking at 40,000 steps.
這些腳印加起來有4萬個。

I started doing it as an easier alternative to hiking up the mountain when I wanted some exercise.
一開始,我是想在我想運動的時候,給自己找個比登山更輕松的運動方式。
You start with a drawing on a piece of paper, or else a drawing in your mind.
作首先要在紙上或者在腦海里把畫畫下來。
Just treating it being like an orienteering touring map.
只要把作畫堪稱導航的地圖就好了。
You're just going a certain distance in a certain direction, determining distances by counting paces.
沿著一定的方向走過一定的距離,根據步伐的大小來決定距離。
It's a very physical exercise.
這是一項非常實際的運動方式。
It's equivalent to a long day's walk in the hills when you make one of these big drawings.
畫一副這樣的畫的運動量相當于在山里走一天。
I'm just about the only person in the world doing anything like it.
只是除了我之外,沒有人選擇這樣畫畫罷了。