原味人文風情:You're not getting enough sleep.
你睡得不夠多。
Yes. I think I'm working too hard.
對。我覺得我工作太認真了。
I think you go to bed too late.
我覺得你睡得太晚了。
These are two very common and very useful words. Let's start with "enough."
這是兩個很常見也很有用的單詞。我們先從“enough(足夠)”開始。
Oh, good. You got some bottled water.
喔,太好了。你拿了一些瓶裝水。
Is it enough? Yes. Plenty. Good.
這樣夠嗎?夠。很多。太好了。
We use "enough" to say we have as much or as many as we need or want, so, a sufficient quantity.
我們運用“enough(足夠)”來表示我們擁有的量和我們需要或想要的量一樣多,也就是說,足夠的量。
Oh, I'm almost out of gas.
喔,我的汽油快沒了。
Oh, do you have enough to get to a petrol station?
喔,你有足夠的汽油開去加油站嗎?
A petrol station? A gas station.
汽油站?加油站。
If we don't have enough, we don't have the amount we need.
如果不夠,就代表我們沒有自己需要的量。
Do you want to come for lunch?
你想來一起午餐嗎?
I can't. I don't have enough time.
我不能。我沒有足夠的時間。
Oh, too busy, eh? Yeah.
喔,太忙了,是嗎?對呀。
So, "enough" means having the necessary amount of something. Now, what about "too"?
那么,“enough(足夠)”代表擁有的某個東西有足夠的量。這樣的話,“too(太)”呢?
Spaghetti. Oh, that's too much.
意大利面。喔,那太多了。
Let's have some chocolates.
我們來吃點巧克力。
Whoo, yes. But not too many.
唔,太好了。但不要太多。
You can never have too many chocolates.
巧克力永遠不嫌多。
We use "too" to say more than sufficient, more than necessary, or more than is good.
我們用“too(太)”來表達比足夠的更多、比需要的更多或比適當的更多。
This bag is too big for carry-on. Well, yes.
這個包包太大了,不能當隨身行李。對呀。
You're not getting enough sleep.
你睡不夠多。
Yes. I think I'm working too hard.
對。我覺得我工作太認真了。
I think you go to bed too late.
我覺得你太晚睡了。
Notice the word position. We use "too" before adjectives and adverbs, but we use "enough" after them. So "too" comes before; "enough" comes after.
注意單字的位置。我們在形容詞和副詞前面使用“too(太)”,但在形容詞和副詞后面用“enough(足夠)”。所以“too(太)”在前面出現;“enough(足夠)”在后面出現。
This lid is too tight. I'm not strong enough.
這個蓋子太緊了。我不夠有力氣。
This knife is too blunt. It's not sharp enough.
這把刀子太鈍了。它不夠銳利。
This lid is too tight. I'm not strong enough.
這個蓋子太緊了。我不夠有力氣。
This knife is too blunt. It's not sharp enough. Try this.
這把刀子太鈍了。它不夠銳利。試試這支。
So, that's how to use "too" and "enough." I hope this lesson wasn't too difficult. Was it easy enough?
這就是運用“too(太)”和“enough(足夠)”的方式。希望這課不會太難。夠簡單嗎?
If you've enjoyed it, please share this video with a friend. At Simple English Videos, we believe you can learn faster if you can see English in action. So we have lots of conversations that show you what people say in the real world. We publish a new video every Friday, so subscribe to our channel for more. Bye now!
如果你喜歡的話,將這部影片分享給一個朋友吧。在簡單英文視頻的頻道中,我們相信如果你能看見英文實際的應用方式,一定能學得更快。所以我們有很多對話,要給你們看看真實的世界中大家怎么說。我們每周五會發布新視頻,所以想要更多視頻的話就要訂閱我們的頻道喔。再見啦!