Now that's the Good Country Index. What's it there for?
這就是好國家指數。它有什么目的?
Well, it's there really because I want to try to introduce this word, or reintroduce this word, into the discourse.
它存在的目的是因為我想嘗試,想介紹這個詞,或重新介紹這個詞,在我們的語境中。
I've had enough hearing about competitive countries.
我已經聽夠了有競爭力的國家。
I've had enough hearing about prosperous, wealthy, fast-growing countries.
我聽夠了繁榮、富有、發展迅速的國家。
I've even had enough hearing about happy countries because in the end that's still selfish.
我甚至聽夠了快樂的國家,因為說到底這都是自私的。
That's still about us, and if we carry on thinking about us, we are in deep, deep trouble.
都是關乎我們自己。如果我們繼續地考慮自己,我們就有大麻煩了。
I think we all know what it is that we want to hear about.
我想我們都知道我們想聽到什么。
We want to hear about good countries, and so I want to ask you all a favor. I'm not asking a lot.
我們想聽到關于好國家,所以我想請求你一件事。我所要求的不多。
It's something that you might find easy to do and you might even find enjoyable and even helpful to do,
對你來說可能很容易,你可能也會覺得做這件事很高興,甚至很有幫助,
and that's simply to start using the word "good" in this context.
那就是在這個大環境中單純地開始使用“好”這個詞。
When you think about your own country, when you think about other people's countries,
當你想到你自己的國家,當你想到其他人的國家,
when you think about companies, when you talk about the world that we live in today,
當你想到公司,當你談論我們如今所居住的世界,
start using that word in the way that I've talked about this evening.
開始用這個詞,而且是用我們今晚談論的方式使用。
Not good, the opposite of bad, because that's an argument that never finishes.
不是“壞”的反義詞“好”,因為這是一個永無完結的爭論。
Good, the opposite of selfish, good being a country that thinks about all of us.
是“自私”的反義詞“好”,好的意思是這個國家為所有人考慮。