Conversation A
對話A
Rob: Susie, do you know Basement Books?
羅布:蘇西,你知道地下室書店嗎?
Susie: It's on Hope Street. It's just a few blocks from here.
蘇西:那家書店在希望大街。離這里就幾個街區。
Rob: Is it a good shop?
羅布:那家店還不錯吧?
Susie: Yes. It's better than most other bookstores.
蘇西:是的。比大多數其他書店都要好。
Rob: Good. I plan to go there at lunch.
羅布:好的。我打算午飯時間去那里。
Susie: Can I join you? I want a new novel.
蘇西:我能跟你一起去嗎?我想買一本新的小說。
Rob: Of course.
羅布:當然。
Susie: Great! I might even buy you a book, too.
蘇西:太好了!我說不定還會給你買一本。

Conversation B
對話B
Rob: What kind of novels do you like, Susie?
羅布:蘇西,你喜歡哪種類型的小說?
Susie: I love reading fantasy books.
蘇西:我喜歡讀奇幻小說。
Rob: Oh, that's interesting. Who is your favorite fantasy author?
羅布:哦,那種很有意思。你最喜歡的奇幻小說作者是誰?
Susie: I like C.S. Lewis. He imagines talking animals, and he creates really different worlds.
蘇西:我喜歡C.S.劉易斯。他想象出了會說話的動物,另外他還創造出了很不同的世界。
Rob: That sounds fun.
羅布:聽起來很有趣。
Susie: Yeah. I enjoy reading his books.
蘇西:是啊。我喜歡讀他的書。
Rob: Maybe we'll find some of his novels at Basement Books.
羅布:也許我們可以在地下室書店找到他的一些書。
Conversation C
對話C
Alex: Hey, Rob. Did you have fun at Basement Books?
阿萊克斯:嗨,羅布。你在地下室書店逛得開心嗎?
Rob: Yes. It was great. I went there with Susie at lunch.
羅布:是的。太棒了。我和蘇西午飯時間去的那里。
Alex: Did you buy any books?
阿萊克斯:你有買什么書嗎?
Rob: Susie did. She bought one for herself and one for me.
羅布:蘇西買了。她給自己買了一本,然后給我買了一本。
Alex: That's nice.
阿萊克斯:那挺好。
Rob: Yeah. Susie is very generous.
羅布:是啊。蘇西非常大方。
Alex: Maybe next time I'll go to the bookstore with Susie. Maybe she'll buy me a book!
阿萊克斯:也許下次我會和蘇西一起去書店。也許她會給我買一本書!