My eighteen-month plan at the company extended into six and a half years,
之后,我的18個月目標擴展成了6年半。
and I learned more than I ever could have hoped while working with true visionaries.
與世界上最聰明的人一起工作讓我快速地成長起來。
But eventually I felt that it was time to make a move on the jungle gym.
但最終,我感到是時候在“方格架”上采取下一步行動了。
In my personal life, I am not someone who embraces uncertainty.
在個人生活里,我一直都不是一個能夠欣然接受不確定性的人。
I like things to be in order.
我喜歡一切都井然有序:
I file documents in colored folders (yes, still) and my enthusiasm for reorganizing my closet continually baffles Dave.
我會用不同顏色的文件夾將資料分門別類(現在也還是這樣),我對整理衣柜的熱情也總是讓丈夫戴夫感到費解。
But in my professional life, I have learned to accept uncertainty and even embrace it.
但就職業生活而言,我已經學會接受它的不確定性,甚至與它熱情相擁。
Risk—and a great deal of luck—landed me at Google.
風險加上大好的運氣,讓我來到了谷歌。
That worked out so well that I decided to embrace risk again, which led me to Facebook.
雖然事實證明我的選擇相當正確,但我仍決定再次擁抱風險。就這樣,我又來到了臉譜網。
At the time, other companies were willing to hire me as CEO, but I joined Facebook as COO.
那個時候,也有其他公司愿意給我首席執行官的職位,而臉譜網則是邀請我去做首席運營官。
At first, people questioned why I would take a "lower level" job working for a twenty-three-year-old.
最初,人們都問我為什么要選擇一份“級別更低”的工作,去為一個23歲的年輕人打工。
No one asks me that anymore.
當然,現在沒有人再這樣問了。
As I did when I joined Google, I prioritized potential for fast growth and the mission of the company above title.
正如我當初加入谷歌一樣,我首先考慮的是一個公司快速成長的潛力以及它的發展目標,而不是工作職位的頭銜。
I have seen both men and women miss out on great opportunities by focusing too much on career levels.
我見到過一些人,他們因過多關注職業級別而錯過了極好的機遇。