地點:蓋勒夫婦家
人物:莫妮卡,菲比,朱莉
事件:莫妮卡準備的宴會食物受到客人們的喜愛,讓一向瞧不起她的母親看到了她的實力。
Monica: Well?
莫妮卡:怎么樣?
Phoebe: They are not even touching the lasagna.
菲比:千層面客人連碰都沒碰一下。
Monica: Really?
莫妮卡:真的嗎?
Phoebe: Oh. They love your casserole!
菲比:天啊,他們好喜歡你做的砂鍋!
Monica: Yes!
莫妮卡:太棒了!
Phoebe: It's hard to believe just a little while ago this was nothing but ingredients.
菲比:真是難以相信,它們剛剛還都只是生的材料呢。
Julie: Everyone seems to like your dish.
朱莉:看起來大家都非常愛吃你做的菜。
Monica: And you?
莫妮卡:那你覺得呢?
Julie:I thought it was... quite tasty.
朱莉:我覺得……非常好吃。
Monica: So if everyone liked it, and you liked it... that would make this a success which would make you...
莫妮卡:那么就是說,大家都喜歡吃,你也喜歡吃……那就代表我做得很成功,而那就證明你……
Julie: A bitch?
朱莉:我是個賤人?
Monica: I was going for "wrong", but we can use your word.
莫妮卡:我只是想說“你錯了”,但你那么說也可以。
Julie: Yes, well, I was wrong. And I have to say... you really impressed me today.
朱莉:是的,我是錯了。并且我必須要說……你今天真的讓我大開眼界。
Phoebe: You might even say that she "pulled a Monica". She doesn't know we switched it.
菲比:你還可以說她是“搞砸事的”。她不知道我們引申出了別的意思了是吧。
Julie: And the next time you cater for me... there will be nothing but ice in the freezer.
朱莉:下次你再幫我辦宴會的時候,冰箱里不會再預備任何東西,只會準備一些冰塊。
Monica: That really means a lot.
莫妮卡:這對我來說真是莫大的鼓勵。