原味人文風情:Oh, my gosh! I'm so excited for Chinese New Year!
天啊!要過年了,我好興奮!
Didn't you have fun last year? I took you to meet my family. Yes?
你去年不是玩得很開心嗎?我帶你去見我的家人了,對吧?
No. It was a disaster. I mean, I started messing up right from the start.
不,那是場大災難。我是說,我從一開始就搞砸了。
Shoes...off. Hi, I'm Lili's mother. Hello, Lili.
鞋子...脫掉。嗨,我是麗麗的媽媽。哈嘍,麗麗。
Hi! You no touching my wife!
嗨!不準動我老婆!
Yeah, sorry, I forgot to tell you that we don't really hug in our family.
對啦,抱歉,我忘了跟你說我家不來擁抱那一套。
But at least you got a red envelope.
可是至少你有收到一個紅包啊。
He don't understand our culture. Here, take this hong bao.
他又不懂我們的文化。來來,收下這個紅包。
Yeah, and then your mom asked us a ton of awesome questions and, like, totally embarrassed you.
是啊,然后你媽就問我們一堆不得了的問題,讓你尷尬得要命。
You so thin. You should eat more. By the way, how much money you making?
你夠瘦的,要多吃點。對了,你賺多少錢啊?
Uh, I'm in the 15 to 85 thousand range.
呃,我的薪水大概在一萬五千到八萬五千之間。
Uh, well, that's too bad. But you're welcome anyway.
呃,這樣啊,那還真糟。不過還是歡迎你來。
And you know, um, this is Lili's father. You already met him. Um, this is Lili's auntie...Cici.
這是麗麗的爸爸,你已經見過他了。這是麗麗的阿姨...希希。
Hi! And this is her cousin Tingting from China.
你好!這是她的表妹婷婷,從中國來的。
And you getting so fat lately. I think that's why you don't get a good man.
你最近變胖好多。我想你就是那樣才找不到好男人的。
I mean, look at Tingting! She's so wonder...so beautiful and so talent. Tingting, play us something, play us something.
我說呀,看看人家婷婷!她多棒...又漂亮又有才華。婷婷啊,給我們表演點兒什么吧。
Yeah, yeah. I guess Tingting was like the "ideal daughter" or whatever.
對啦,對啦。我想婷婷就像是“完美女兒”還是什么。
And then there were more awkward questions.
然后還有更多尷尬的問題。
So, how long you two have been "friends"? And will you get married soon and buy big house?
那么,你們兩個“交朋友”多久啦?你們會很快結婚然后買大房子嗎?
Don't ask too many questions. You're going to scare him.
不要問太多問題啦。你會嚇跑他的。
But, you know, how much money you make exactly?
可是,你的薪水究竟是多少啊?
Yeah, that...
嗯,那件事啊...
But anyway, don't you wanna see my sweet auntie Cici and have her famous dumplings again?
不過不管啦,你不想看到我親切的希希阿姨,然后吃她拿手的餃子嗎?
Auntie made dumplings. They look like gold ingots,
阿姨包了餃子喔。餃子長得像金元寶,
so they symbolize wealth and good fortune. Money... Dumplings...
所以它們象征財富和好運。錢錢... 餃子...
Sweet auntie Cici? Yeah.
親切的希希阿姨?對啊。
She almost killed me with her knife!
她差點用她那把刀殺了我耶!
Chop, chop, chop, chop, chop, chop... Oops!Dumplings?
我剁我剁我剁...哎呦!來點餃子嗎?
Oh, come on! Let's just say that she has some sharp knife skills, huh? Huh?
噢,拜托!我們姑且說她刀工犀利了點兒,如何?如何?
But you know what, though? You should be glad you got to hear my dad's stories. He only tells stories to people he likes.
可是你知道嗎?你應該要很高興聽我爸的故事。他只會對有好感的人說故事喔。
When I your age, I climb down the mountain; I swim across the lake; I even walk 15 miles...
我在你這年紀的時候啊,我爬下山;我游過湖;我甚至走十五英里...
Every day! ...every day to school. To getting the education, you know.
每天喔!...每天那樣到學校。你知道,為了受教育啊。
That's not how I would describe it. I think it went a little more like this.
我可不會那樣形容。我想情況比較像這樣。
When the gweilo, you come to my village, we cut...
洋鬼子來的時候,你們來到我村子,我們砍...
Always drink too much.
老是喝太多。
Okay, but I guess there was one thing I said that totally impressed all of them and totally made up for all my blunders.
嗯,不過我想我有說一句話讓大家完全印象深刻,而且全盤彌補了我犯的錯。
Fish in Chinese sounds the same as abundance!
中文的魚聽起來就像有“余”!
Nian nian you yu!
年年有余!
Uh...excuse me! That's totally not what happened.
呃...不好意思!事情完全不是那樣。
Fish in Chinese sounds the same as abundance!
中文的魚聽起來就像有“余”!
Nian...nian...you...yu!
年...黏...憂...郁!