It was so indescribably beautiful, it was so simple and so elegant
它是如此難以言喻的美麗,如此簡單,如此優(yōu)雅,
and I just stared in disbelief for twenty minutes.
我只是不相信地盯著它有20分鐘。
Then during the day I walked round the department,
然后那一整天我在房內轉來轉去,
I'd keep coming back to my desk and looking to see it was still there, it was still there.
總是會回到書桌那兒,查看它是否還在那兒,它還在那兒。
Almost what seemed to be stopping the method of Flach and Kolyvagin was exactly what would make horizontally Iwasawa theory.
那看起來阻止弗拉赫和科里瓦金方法的幾乎正是同時說明伊娃沙娃理論的。
My original approach to the problem from three years before would make exactly that work,
三年前我對這問題的最初嘗試就應完全行得通,
so out of the ashes seemed to rise the true answer to the problem.
在死灰之上似又升起了解題的真正答案。
So the first night I went back and slept on it,
所以我先回家,留待問題于第二天,
I checked through it again the next morning and by 11 o'clock I was satisfied and I went down,
次日早上我再次對它進行了檢查,到11點的時候,我滿意地下樓來,
told my wife I've got it, I think I've got it, I've found it.
告訴我太太得到了,我想我得到了,我找到了。
It was so unexpected, I think she thought I was talking about a children's toy or something and said got what?
如此出乎意料,我想她會認為我是在說孩子的玩具或是什么,她問得到了什么?
and I said I've fixed my proof, I've got it.
我說我彌補好了我的證明,我得到了。