Abuse trickles down from the top of the ladder to the bottom.
從上到下,一層層的力量濫用。
Women and children, especially the poor, are at the bottom.
女性和兒童,尤其是貧窮的,就這樣處于底層。
Even the most destitute of men have someone they can abuse -- a woman or a child.
即使是最一無所有的男人也有人被他凌虐--常常是婦女或者兒童。
I'm fed up with the power that a few exert over the many through gender, income, race, and class.
我再也受不了少數人通過性別,收入,種族和階級的手段,操縱多數人。
I think that the time is ripe to make fundamental changes in our civilization.
我認為現在時機已經成熟,可以根本性地改變我們的文明。
But for real change, we need feminine energy in the management of the world.
不過若要真正改變,就需要讓婦女的力量參與到世界當中。
We need a critical number of women in positions of power, and we need to nurture the feminine energy in men.
我們需要讓足夠的婦女擁有權力,并且培養男人心中的婦女力量。
I'm talking about men with young minds, of course.
這里當然是指年輕男人了。
Old guys are hopeless; we have to wait for them to die off.
老男人們都沒戲了,只能等著他們死光。
Yes, I would love to have Sophia Loren's long legs and legendary breasts.
的確,我也想擁有索菲亞·羅蘭的長腿和著名的酥胸。
But given a choice, I would rather have the warrior hearts of Wangari Maathai, Somaly Mam, Jenny and Rose Mapendo.
不過若是可以選擇,我寧愿擁有像旺加里·馬塔伊、蘇曼麗·馬恩、珍妮和羅斯·馬培德那樣的勇敢的心。
I want to make this world good. Not better, but to make it good. Why not? It is possible.
我想讓世界變得更好。不僅僅是消極地等待改變,而是參與改變。為什么不這樣?這是能夠做得到的。
Look around in this room -- all this knowledge, energy, talent and technology.
看看這里--充滿了知識、活力、才華和科技。
Let's get off our fannies, roll up our sleeves and get to work, passionately, in creating an almost perfect world. Thank you.
讓我們走出冷氣房,卷起袖子,開始行動,帶著我們的熱情,創造一個近乎完美的世界。感謝大家。