原味人文風情:Every country has things they don't like to talk about, questions that are just too emotional for them.
每個國家的人都有他們不喜歡談的話題、或對他們來說太過情緒性的問題。
So today, we join a young couple on their second date.
所以今天,我們要和一對年輕情侶一起去第二次約會。
As they try to get to know each other, let's see if we can identify some of these rude topics in America.
在他們試著了解彼此的同時,來看看我們能不能分辨出一些在美國不太禮貌的話題吧。
你今晚看起來很美。所以你到底幾歲啊?
Let's stop there. In some countries, the older you are, the more respected you are.
暫停一下。在有些國家,年齡越大,你就越受尊重。
America doesn't always work like that, though.
不過美國不總是那樣。
So, if you ask a person their age, especially a woman, it kinda feels like you're asking,
如果你問一個人幾歲,特別是女人,感覺有點兒像你在問:
"How much longer will you be useful to me?"
“你對我來說還剩多少利用價值?”
So, unless you're with people who are all in the same situation,
因此,除非你是和背景相同的人在一起,
like at college, and more likely to be the same age, it's probably best not to ask.
比如大學同學或比較有可能同齡的人在一起,不然最好還是不要問。
So, let's see how the couple's doing now.
那么,來看看那對情侶現在怎樣了吧。
Oh, so you're an auto mechanic. So, how much do you make?
喔,所以你是修車技師啊。那你薪水多少?
Money is a sensitive subject in America.
錢在美國是一個很敏感的主題。
We don't wanna seem like we're bragging about how much we have, well, some of us don't.
我們不希望看起來像在炫耀自己有多少錢——嗯,我們有些人不想。
And we don't wanna be asking for help if we don't have enough.
而且我們不想在錢不夠的時候要別人幫忙。
So, we really just don't talk about it at all.
所以,我們真的完全不會討論錢這件事。
Did you see the news about the president? I hate that guy!
你有看到總統的那則新聞嗎?我超討厭那家伙的!
In some countries, politics isn't a big deal; in other countries, it's like a national sport debate.
在有些國家,政治不是什么大事;在其他國家,政治就像全國上下都會聊的話題。
But in America, it's not really either...or both.
不過在美國,政治不屬于這兩種...或兩種都有。

Here, people's opinions can be really different,and they can be really passionate about it.
在這里,人們的意見可能天差地遠,而且他們可能對政治極度狂熱。
It's probably best if you get to know your friend and then ask them their opinion.
如果你先了解你的朋友然后再問他們的看法,那樣或許是最好的。
Let's check in with our couple, see how they're doing.
來看看我們那對情侶現在的狀況吧。
So, then she says an angel tells her to buy the Lotto ticket.
然后她就說有個天使叫她去買樂透。
Can you believe that people still believe in that stuff?
你能相信現在還有人信那種東西嗎?
Oh, boy! Another bad topic.
天啊!又一個爛話題。
One of the reasons the first settlers came to America was so that they could worship their god however they wanted to.
第一批移民來到美國的原因之一,就是讓他們能以自己想要的方式信奉他們的神。
And to this day, religion and spirituality is still very important to a lot of people in America.
直到今天,宗教和靈性對許多美國人來說還是十分重要。
So, like politics, asking questions is great.
所以,就像政治一樣,問問題是好的。
Get to know the person better by asking questions, and then create a dialogue where you can share your own opinion.
藉由問問題來更認識一個人,然后開啟一個你能分享自己看法的對話。
Wow, that guy was really rude.
哇,那男的真的很沒禮貌。
Yeah, so was she.
對啊,那女的也是。
Do you think they'll last? No. Nah.
你覺得他們能繼續走下去嗎?不能。沒辦法。
Well, thanks for watching this video about what not to say in America.
那么,感謝收看這部有關在美國不能說什么的影片。
Let us know in the comments below what you think about our customs and what's rude in your country to sayso that,
在下方留言區讓我們知道你對我們的習慣的看法,還有在你們的國家說哪些是不禮貌的,
you know, we don't mess up like those two did.
你知道,這樣我們才不會像那兩個人一樣搞砸。
And also, make sure you subscribe for more videos about American culture and check out the blog for extra details. Bye!
另外,務必要訂閱以收看更多關于美國文化的影片,還有到部落格看更多詳細內容喔。再見!
I have to pee.
我要去尿尿。
Yup, also rude. Now we know.
嗯,同樣失禮。現在我們知道了。