地點:錢德勒和喬伊公寓
人物:羅斯,瑞秋,莫妮卡,喬伊
事件:瑞秋養了一只長相奇怪又不聽話的貓,怪貓把她的胳膊抓花了。
Ross: Check it out! Almost 3 hours without droppin' it!
羅斯:快看!扔了快3個小時都沒掉!
Rachel: Oh, wow! Congratulations; that's quite a waste of time.
瑞秋:哦,哇!恭喜!真是浪費時間啊!
Monica: Rach? You have scratches all over you.What happened?
莫妮卡:瑞,你身上全是抓痕,發生什么了?
Rachel: Well, it's my cat.
瑞秋:啊,我的貓抓的。
Monica: What?
莫妮卡:什么?
Rachel: Oh yeah, I got a cat.
瑞秋:哦,是啊,我買了只貓。
Monica: I don't want a cat!
莫妮卡:我不想養貓!
Joey: Oh, don't worry, it's not a cat.
喬伊:哦,別擔心,那不是貓。
Rachel: You guys this cat is nothing like my grandmother's cat. I mean, it's not sweet, it's not cute. I even dragged that little string on the ground, and it just flipped out and scratched the hell out of me. And I swear, I know this sounds crazy, but every time this cat hisses at me I know it's saying, "Rachel!"
瑞秋:我跟你們說,這貓跟我祖母養的一點兒都不一樣,它一點兒都不溫柔,也不可愛,我拉著線放在地上逗它,它居然發了瘋似的把我抓花了。我發誓,雖然聽起來有點兒不靠譜,但是每次它噓我的時候,都在說“瑞秋”!
Ross: Doesn't sound as crazy as paying a thousand dollars for a cat.
羅斯:還是你花1000塊錢買只貓聽上去更不靠譜。
Monica: What? You paid a thousand dollars for a cat when you owe me 300!
莫妮卡:什么?你還欠我300塊錢呢,卻花了1000塊錢買只貓!
Rachel: Well, I was gonna let you play with it.
瑞秋:呃,我本來是打算讓你跟它玩兒的。