So this might be a good moment to take a quick time-out to answer a few FAQs about ocean rowing that might be going through your mind.
現在也許正好可以利用一點時間來進行關于大洋橫渡的一些問題的解答,當然,這些問題有可能就是你們想問的。
Number one that I get asked: What do you eat? A few freeze-dried meals, but mostly I try and eat much more unprocessed foods.
第一個問題是:你都吃什么?有時候我會吃冷凍的干食,但大部分時間我都會嘗試吃更多的未加工的食品。
So I grow my own beansprouts. I eat fruits and nut bars, a lot of nuts.
我自己會種一些豆芽,我會吃水果和一些堅果塊。我吃了許多的堅果。
And generally arrive about 30 pounds lighter at the other end.
到達終點的時候,我大概瘦了30磅。
Question number two: How do you sleep? With my eyes shut. Ha-ha.
問題2:你怎樣睡覺?當然是把眼睛閉上了啊。哈哈。
I suppose what you mean is: What happens to the boat while I'm sleeping?
我猜你們是想問,如果你睡著了,船會怎樣?

Well, I plan my route so that I'm drifting with the winds and the currents while I'm sleeping.
我周密地計劃過路線,在我睡著的時候,我的船會隨著風向和水流漂浮。
On a good night, I think my best ever was 11 miles in the right direction.
有一晚,運氣比較好,我朝著正確的方向漂了11英里。
Worst ever, 13 miles in the wrong direction. That's a bad day at the office.
最差的一晚則向著錯誤的方向漂了13英里,那是工作中最糟糕的一天。
What do I wear? Mostly, a baseball cap, rowing gloves and a smile
我穿什么衣服?我大部分的時候都會戴一頂棒球帽,一副劃船手套,還有是面帶微笑
or a frown, depending on whether I went backwards overnight -- and lots of sun lotion.
或者是眉頭緊鎖,當然,這取決于夜里我的船有沒有向反方向漂,我還擦了許多防曬霜。
Do I have a chase boat? No I don't. I'm totally self-supporting out there.
是否有跟著我的船?當然沒有。我在海上是完全靠自己的。
I don't see anybody for the whole time that I'm at sea, generally.
總的來說,我在海上的時候,全程沒見到任何人。
And finally: Am I crazy? Well, I leave that one up to you to judge.
最后一個問題:我是不是瘋了?這個問題嘛,我想留給大家來評論吧。