At first it might seem like no matter what you do,
一開始,你可能會認為無論怎么試,
you're just a minute or two short of time, but there is a way.
始終會差個一、兩分鐘,但確實是有辦法的。
The key is to minimize the time wasted by the two slowest people by having them cross together.
關鍵就在于:讓最慢的兩人走在一起,來減少他們所需要花的時間。
And because you'll need to make a couple of return trips with the lantern,
而且,要有人提著油燈走回來這總共需要兩趟,
you'll want to have the fastest people available to do so.
你需要讓跑得最快的人來做這件事。
So, you and the lab assistant quickly run across with the lantern,
所以,你先和實驗室助理提著油燈快速通過,
though you have to slow down a bit to match her pace.
然而你必須放慢一些來配合他的速度。
After two minutes, both of you are across, and you, as the quickest, run back with the lantern.
兩分鐘后,你們兩人都通過吊橋,然后跑得最快的你,再迅速提著油燈返回。

Only three minutes have passed. So far, so good. Now comes the hard part.
這樣只花了3分鐘。到目前為止都非常的順利。最難的部分來了。
The professor and the janitor take the lantern and cross together.
教授和管理員提著油燈一起過橋。
This takes them ten minutes since the janitor has to slow down for the old professor
這花了他們10分鐘,因為管理員必須為了老教授放慢腳步,
who keeps muttering that he probably shouldn't have given the zombies night vision.
教授喃喃自語抱怨著:他當初不該讓僵尸擁有夜視能力。
By the time they're across, there are only four minutes left, and you're still stuck on the wrong side of the bridge.
當他們跨越吊橋時,只剩下4分鐘,而你仍困在對岸。
But remember, the lab assistant has been waiting on the other side, and she's the second fastest of the group.
但是記住,實驗室助理已經在另一邊待命,而她是隊伍中跑第二快的人。
So she grabs the lantern from the professor and runs back across to you.
所以她從教授手中拿起油燈,快速跑回去你那邊。
Now with only two minutes left, the two of you make the final crossing.
現在只剩下2分鐘,你們兩位最后一次過橋。
As you step on the far side of the gorge,
當你踏上峽谷的另一側,
you cut the ropes and collapse the bridge behind you, just in the nick of time.
你剪斷繩索,摧毀身后的吊橋,時間剛好趕上。
Maybe next summer, you'll just stick to the library.
或許,明年夏天你只會想泡在圖書館里哪兒都不去。