Number four: the most powerful asset of the digital age is data.
第四點:數字時代最強大的資產就是數據。
And data is really a new asset class, maybe bigger than previous asset classes,
數據是一種新的資產種類,也許比以前的資產種類更龐大,
like land under the agrarian economy, or an industrial plant, or even money.
就像農業經濟下的土地,或是工廠,甚至是金錢。
And all of you -- we -- create this data.
是我們所有人,創造了這些數據。
We create this asset, and we leave this trail of digital crumbs behind us as we go throughout life.
我們創造了這種資產,在我們的數字生活中,留下了零碎的痕跡。
And these crumbs are collected into a mirror image of you, the virtual you.
這些痕跡匯聚成了你的鏡像,一個虛擬的你。
And the virtual you may know more about you than you do,
虛擬的你也許比你還要了解你,
because you can't remember what you bought a year ago,
因為你并不一定記得一年前買了什么,
or said a year ago, or your exact location a year ago.
或是說了什么,或者你一年前的準確位置。
And the virtual you is not owned by you -- that's the big problem.
而虛擬的你并不屬于你,那可是個大問題。
So today, there are companies working to create an identity in a black box, the virtual you owned by you.
所以現在有許多公司正致力于開發一個黑盒中的身份系統,屬于你自己的虛擬的你。
And this black box moves around with you as you travel throughout the world, and it's very, very stingy.
這個黑盒會隨著你移動,前往世界的每一個角落。它對你的隱私守口如瓶。
It only gives away the shred of information that's required to do something.
它只會根據需要透露一丁點的信息。
A lot of transactions, the seller doesn't even need to know who you are.
有許多的交易,賣家甚至不需要知道你是誰。
They just need to know that they got paid.
他們只要知道能拿到錢。
And then this avatar is sweeping up all of this data and enabling you to monetize it.
于是這化身清除了所有數據使你能夠進行貨幣化。
And this is a wonderful thing, because it can also help us protect our privacy,
這可真棒,因為它也能保護我們的隱私,
and privacy is the foundation of a free society.
而隱私是自由社會的基礎。
Let's get this asset that we create back under our control,
讓我們重新奪回我們創造的這一資產的控制權。
where we can own our own identity and manage it responsibly.
我們擁有我們自己的身份并且進行負責的管理。