I'm on a raft in the Torres Strait,heading for an island which offers a chance of rescue.
我正在托雷斯海峽上的一葉竹筏上 朝著蘊含一線生機的小島前進
I've made good progress,but the conditions are getting harder.
慢慢我駕輕就熟 但環境卻越來越惡劣
Right out beyond the reef now.It's way rougher here.
現在出礁域了 情況急轉直下
Really where the battle begins between the wind taking me that way,
我正陷入一場激烈的戰斗 海風把我吹向這邊
and the tide trying to sweep me that way.
潮水 則想把我掃向另一邊
Recently, three local fishermen lost that battle and spent 20 days adrift in this strait,
前不久 三個當地漁民在此淪陷 在海峽中漂了二十天
only surviving by eating raw squid and drinking rainwater.
靠吃生魷魚 喝冰冷雨水 才僥幸逃生
The weather's closing in, as well, now.Feel the rain.
現在天氣也要大變了 下雨了
Hope that doesn't mean the wind's gonna pick up even more.
希望風不會因此變大
I'm struggling now to control this thing.
我現在可是拼了老命控制這玩意
In the rougher seas and strengthening winds,
在洶涌的波濤和強勁的海風威脅下
it's proving far harder to stay upright.
想在筏子上立足真是難上加難
Every time, this sail is just getting heavier and heavier.
每落水一次 帆都會變重
But visibility is getting worse,and I'm struggling to stay on course.
能見度越來越低 我仍盡力保持著航線
See this abyss that's coming The rain.
天越來越暗了 雨來了
I do not want to lose sight of that island.
我不想讓那座島消失在視線中