原味人文風情:
Am I in the right spot?
我在這里對嗎?
There we go.
好了。
It's kind of awkward.
有點尷尬。
We gave eight different households 100 dollars to spend on groceries.
我們給八個不同家庭一百塊美金來購買食品雜貨。
I would say I'm really striving to be middle class, but I don't know if I am quite yet.
我會說我非常努力要躋身中產階級,但我還不知道我到底是不是。
I live on campus with three other girls.
我和其他三個女生住在學校里。
We met online and it was love at first email.
我們在網絡上認識,那是一「件」鐘情。
I am married, and I have two kids.
我已婚,然后有兩個孩子。
What would you buy with 100 dollars?
你會用一百塊美金買什么?
What does a hundred dollars mean to you
一百塊美金對你來說是什么?
A hundred dollars means food for a week.
一百塊美金代表一個禮拜的食物。
A hundred bucks means, like, a couple days' worth of money, or one frivolous night of indulgence.
一百塊美金代表,象是,幾天的花費,或是一個不必負責的放縱夜晚。
There are, like, families back in India for whom that's like the monthly incomes.
印度有一些家庭,那數目對他們來說就象是整個月的收入。
Before I had kids, I didn't grocery shop.
在生小孩前,我不采購食品雜貨的。
Having kids now is crazy at times. No, Vincent. Stay still.
現在有了小孩有時候實在很瘋狂。不行,Vincent。不要亂動。
Money means...getting by.
錢代表著...勉強能糊口。
Are you guys unemployed?
你們失業嗎?
Yeah.
對。
Uh, yeah, unemployed.
呃,對,沒工作。
Starving artists sort of thing, I think, yeah.
養不起自己的藝術家之類的,我想,沒錯。
My parents are extremely tight with money, yes.
我爸媽的經濟非常吃緊,對。
Do you feel like you're the same?
你覺得自己也一樣嗎?
No.
不。
Yes, I collect Social Security—not near enough, by the way. I get 1,100 dollars a month—puts me pretty close to, if not under, the poverty level.
是的,我領社會福利金--順帶一提,遠遠不夠。我每個月有一千一百塊美金--就算沒有在貧窮線下,也讓我離貧窮線頗近了。
I would say I drink probably...at least six days a week.
我會說我大概喝...每個禮拜至少會喝六天。
Uh, I think we've been out to eat twice in the last year—Mexican food and pizza.
呃,我想我們去年去外面吃過兩次飯--墨西哥菜和披薩。
Usually every day I have pizza rolls, pizza-related stuff.
通常我每天都吃披薩卷,和披薩有關的東西。
Why?
為什么?
Because it's pizza.
因為那是披薩啊。
I'm always thinking budget. I mean, I'm thinking practical. If I'm feeling tight on money, it definitely causes stress.
我一直都在考量預算。我的意思是,我想得很實際。如果我覺得手頭緊,那絕對會造成壓力。
I don't think I'm good with money at all.
我覺得我對金錢一點都不在行。
Does somebody have a wine key? Are you serious?
有人有開瓶器嗎?你是認真的嗎?
The Simple Dollar—your personal finance platform.
The Simple Dollar--你的個人理財平臺。