Another moon that we're looking at is Titan.
我們在研究的另一個衛星是土衛六。
Titan is a huge moon of Saturn.
土衛六是土星的一個非常大的衛星。
It perhaps is much larger than the planet Mercury. It has an extensive atmosphere.
它可能比水星還要大很多。它有著廣闊的大氣層。
It's so extensive -- and it's mostly nitrogen with a little methane and ethane
非常的廣闊,主要成分是氮氣,還有一點點甲烷和乙烷
that you have to peer through it with radar.
所以你需要用雷達來觀測它。
And on the surface, Cassini has found liquid.
在它的表面,卡西尼號發現了液態水。
We see lakes...actually almost the size of our Black Sea in some places.
我們看到了湖泊,實際上,某些地方的湖幾乎,跟我們的黑海一樣大。
And this area is not liquid water; it's methane.
然而這塊地方并不是液態水;它實際上是甲烷。
If there's any place in the solar system where life is not like us,
如果在太陽系里存在這樣一個地方,那里的生命與我們不同,
where the substitute of water is another solvent -- and it could be methane, it could be Titan.
那里水的代替物是另一種溶劑,可以是甲烷,那個地方就可以是土衛六。
Well, is there life beyond Earth in the solar system?
回到這個問題:在地球以外,在太陽系中有生命么?
We don't know yet, but we're hot on the pursuit.
我們還不知道,但我們正在努力尋求答案。
The data that we're receiving is really exciting and telling us
我們現在接收到的信息非常讓人激動,它告訴我們
forcing us to think about this in new and exciting ways.
并迫使我們以新的,令人激動的方式去思考這個問題。
I believe we're on the right track.
我相信我們正朝著正確的方向努力。
That in the next 10 years, we will answer that question.
在接下來的10年內,我們將能夠回答這個問題。
And if we answer it, and it's positive, then life is everywhere in the solar system.
如果我們做出了解答,并且結果是積極的,那么太陽系中的生命將會無所不在。
Just think about that. We may not be alone. Thank you.
想想看吧。我們也許并不孤單。謝謝。