The big waves had brought surfers from all over the world,
巨浪帶來世界各地的沖浪者
but this was definitely a day for the professionals.
但這注定是專業人士的一天
Bali was going to have to use all his surf experience to get the shots without risking his safety.
巴利準備拿出全部的沖浪經驗,在保證自身安全的情況下拍攝
Positioning was going to be everything. This really is a dangerous sport.
拍攝角度決定一切。這真是一項危險的運動
Superficially, it looks a bit like skiing down the face of a mountain.
表面上,它看起來有點像從山峰表面滑雪下來
The difference here is that the mountain is actually chasing YOU and wanting to gobble you up as you go along.
不同的是山不會追趕你,并將你在前滑的時候吞沒
This is what we came for.
這就是我們要的
Bali got into position for his first shot of the day - a ten-foot barrel wave.
巴利進入當天第一次拍攝的位置,10英尺高的卷浪
Capturing a shot like this leaves little margin for error, as Bali discovered.
正如巴利發現的,這樣的抓拍不容一絲錯失
I tried to hold on as long as I could and it sucked me over the falls afterwards.
我試著盡可能繼續堅持,然后水流把我吸了下去
This thing is so heavy, I was in the foam, inside, trying to get up.
這東西太重,我在泡沫里面努力游上來
My right leg cramped and I couldn't get up for ages.
我的右腿抽筋,好久浮不上來
I was just lucky there wasn't really much behind it, or I'd still be in there trying to get out. Phew!
我確實很幸運,后面沒有更多的浪,不然我可能還在那里面掙扎
For the next shots, Bali's position in the waves was right on the money.
第二次拍攝時,巴利在浪里的位置恰到好處
Using the slow-motion camera underwater had paid off,
為這臺水下慢動作攝像機花的錢值了
here, for the first time, revealing the vortices created by huge waves.
這里首次揭露了巨浪產生的漩渦
Then the shot that crowned a perfect day. I shot it. I wasn't sure how good it was.
然后的拍攝使這天成為美妙的一天。我拍了下來,但不確定拍得怎樣
I've watched it back and I've still got shivers in my spine,
回放片子時,我異常激動
because it's probably the best shot I've ever got in the water, without a doubt.
因為那可能是我在水中拍過的最好的影片,毫無疑問
And here it is. Big-wave surfer Dylan Longbottom
就是這個。巨浪沖浪者戴蘭·隆巴頓
in a 12-foot, monster barrel wave filmed in super slow motion - the first shots of their kind ever recorded.
在12英尺高的巨型卷浪里,這是第一次用超級慢動作拍攝
And this time, Bali's action the wave was perfect.
這一次,巴利拍到的卷浪內的通道非常完美