In a web potentially of goodness. To illustrate the exponential nature of human networks.
在一個潛在善的網絡里 為了說明人類網絡的指數本質
Let's look at smiles. What do we know from research is that smiles are contagious.
我們來以笑為例 研究證明笑有傳染性
Someone smiles makes you smile. You smile you make someone smile.
別人笑會引起你發笑 你發笑會引起別人發笑
And so on and so on. You know, even some goes pass you on the street and you don't smile.
以此類推 即使路人與你擦身而過時 你沒笑
Ostensibly you don't smile there are certain micro-muscles in your face.
表面上你沒有笑 但你面部的細微肌肉
That are moving that actually make you feel better. So smiles are contagious.
會收縮 讓你感覺更好 笑是傳染的
Now if you smiled to or make three people smile.
如果你的笑 感染了三個人
And these three people each one makes three other people smile.
這三個人 每個人又引起另外三人發笑
And those nine people make three each one three other people smile.
那九個人 每個人再用笑容感染三個人
Within 20 degrees of separation from you initial smile to the three people.
只需要20度的分隔 從你用笑容感染三個人開始
The entire world will be smiling. Exponential nature of social networks.
全世界就會笑起來 社會網絡的指數本質
The same with making other people feel good complimenting people.
讓別人感覺良好也有感染力 恭維別人
If you make three people or even better, four people a day feel good and they make.
如果你能讓三個人 甚至四個人度過美妙的一天
They pay it forward and make four others feel good, and so on and so on.
他們會推展 讓四人有美好的一天 以此類推