I was lucky – I found what I loved to do early in life.
我非常幸運,因為我在很早的時候就找到了我鐘愛的東西。
Woz and I started Apple in my parents garage when I was 20.
沃茲和我在二十歲的時候就在父母的車庫里面開創了蘋果公 司。
We worked hard, and in 10 years Apple had grown from just the two of us in a garage into a billion company with over 4000 employees.
我們工作得很努力,十年之后,這個公司從那兩個車庫中的窮光蛋發展到了超過四千名的雇員、價值超過二十億的大公司。
We had just released our finest creation – the Macintosh – a year earlier, and I had just turned 30.
在公司成立的第九年,我們剛剛發布 了最好的產品,那就是 Macintosh。我也快要到三十歲了。
And then I got fired.
在那一年,我被炒了魷魚。
How can you get fired from a company you started? Well, as Apple grew we hired someone who I thought was very talented to run the company with me, and for the first year or so things went well.
你怎么可能被你自己創立的公司炒了魷魚呢?嗯,在蘋果快速成長的時候,我們雇用了一個 很有天分的家伙和我一起管理這個公司,在最初的幾年,公司運轉的很好。
But then our visions of the future began to diverge and eventually we had a falling out.
但是后來我們對未來的看法發生了分歧, 最終我們吵了起來。
When we did, our Board of Directors sided with him.
當爭吵不可開交的時候,董事會站在了他的那一邊。
So at 30 I was out.
所以在三十歲的時候,我被炒了。
And very publicly out.
在這么多人的眼皮下我被炒了。
What had been the focus of my entire adult life was gone, and it was devastating.
在而立之年,我生命的全 部支柱離自己遠去,這真是毀滅性的打擊。