"Oh, I do want you to be happy," it began, with a yearning earnestness. "I do so want you to be good! Please, please be good and …"
“啊,我真希望你們幸福,”那聲音又開始了,帶著真心誠意的渴望,“我多么希望你們善良!我求你們,求你們善良而……”
Two minutes later the Voice and the soma vapour had produced their effect.
兩分鐘之后演說和唆麻霧氣起了作用。
In tears, the Deltas were kissing and hugging one another–half a dozen twins at a time in a comprehensive embrace.
德爾塔們已經在淚流滿面地互相親吻擁抱——六七個多生子彼此理解地擁抱到了一起。
Even Helmholtz and the Savage were almost crying.
就連赫姆霍爾茲和野蠻人也差不多要流淚了。
A fresh supply of pill-boxes was brought in from the Bursary;
從會計室又領來了新的唆麻盒,很快分發出來。
a new distribution was hastily made and, to the sound of the Voice's ricuy affectionate, baritone valedictions, the twins dispersed, blubbering as though their hearts would break.
多生子們隨著那深情厚意的男中音的告別詞分散了。好像心都要碎了一樣地哽咽著。
Good-bye, my dearest, dearest friends, Ford keep you!
再見了,我最最親愛的朋友們,福帝保佑你們!
Good-bye, my dearest, dearest friends, Ford keep you. Good-bye my dearest, dearest …
再見吧,最最親愛的朋友們,福帝保佑你們。再見了,我最最親愛的朋友們……
When the last of the Deltas had gone the policeman switched off the current.
最后一個德爾塔走掉之后警察關掉了演說。
The angelic Voice fell silent.
那天使一樣的聲音停止了。
"Will you come quietly?" asked the Sergeant, "or must we anesthetize?" He pointed his water pistol menacingly.
“你們是不是不出聲跟我們走,不出聲?”警官問道,“要不要我們用麻醉槍!”他用他那槍威脅說。

"Oh, we'll come quietly," the Savage answered, dabbing alternately a cut lip, a scratched neck, and a bitten left hand.
“哦,我們不出聲跟你走。”野蠻人回答,輕輕撫摩著打破的嘴唇、挫傷的脖子和咬傷的左手。
Still keeping his handkerchief to his bleeding nose Helmholtz nodded in confirmation.
赫姆霍爾茲拿手絹捂住流血的鼻子點頭同意。
Awake and having recovered the use of his legs, Bernard had chosen this moment to move as inconspicuously as he could towards the door.
伯納醒了過來,腿也管用了,想利用這個機會盡可能不惹人注意地從門口溜走。
"Hi, you there," called the Sergeant, and a swine-masked policeman hurried across the room and laid a hand on the young man's shoulder.
“晦,那位。”警官叫道,一個帶豬鼻子面具的警察匆匆橫過房間,一只手抓住了年輕人的肩膀。
Bernard turned with an expression of indignant innocence. Escaping?
伯納一臉憤怒的無辜,轉過身來。溜?
He hadn't dreamed of such a thing. "Though what on earth you want me for," he said to the Sergeant, "I really can't imagine."
他做夢也沒有想過做這樣的事。“不過,你們要我干什么?”他對警官說,“我真想象不出來。”
You're a friend of the prisoner's, aren't you?
你是被抓的人的朋友,對不對?
"Well …" said Bernard, and hesitated.
“晤……”伯納說,他猶豫了。
No, he really couldn't deny it. "Why shouldn't I be?" he asked.
對,他的確無法否認,“我憑什么不能夠跟他們做朋友?”他問。
"Come on then," said the Sergeant, and led the way towards the door and the waiting police car.
“那就來吧。”警官說,帶路往門口和等在那兒的警車走去。