52.I thought I should ask of thee---but I dared not---the rose wreath thou hadst on thy neck.
52.我想我應當向你請求--可是我又不敢--你那掛在頸上的玫瑰花環(huán)。
Thus I waited for the morning, when thou didst depart, to find a few fragments on the bed.
這樣我等到早上,想在你離開的時候,從你床上找到些碎片。
And like a beggar I searched in the dawn only for a stray petal or two.
我像乞丐一樣破曉就來尋找,只為著一兩片散落的花瓣。
Ah me, what is it I find? What token left of thy love?
呵,我呵,我找到了什么呢?你留下了什么愛的表記呢?
It is no flower, no spices, no vase of perfumed water.
那不是花朵,不是香料,也不是一瓶香水。
It is thy mighty sword, flashing as a flame, heavy as a bolt of thunder.
那是你的一把巨劍,火焰般放光,雷霆般沉重。
The young light of morning comes through the window and spread itself upon thy bed.
清晨的微光從窗外射到床上。
The morning bird twitters and asks, `Woman, what hast thou got?'
晨鳥嘰嘰喳喳著問:“女人,你得到了什么呢?”
No, it is no flower, nor spices, nor vase of perfumed water---it is thy dreadful sword.
不,這不是花朵,不是香料,也不是一瓶香水--這是你的可畏的寶劍。
I sit and muse in wonder, what gift is this of thine.
我坐著猜想,你這是什么禮物呢。
I can find no place to hide it.
我沒有地方去藏放它。
I am ashamed to wear it, frail as I am, and it hurts me when press it to my bosom.
我不好意思佩帶它;我是這樣的柔弱,當我抱它在懷里的時候,它就把我壓痛了。
Yet shall I bear in my heart this honour of the burden of pain, this gift of thine.
但是我要把這光寵銘記在心,你的禮物,這痛苦的負擔。
From now there shall be no fear left for me in this world, and thou shalt be victorious in all my strife.
從今起在這世界上我將沒有畏懼,在我的一切奮斗中你將得到勝利。
Thou hast left death for my companion and I shall crown him with my life.
你留下死亡和我作伴,我將以我的生命給他加冕。
Thy sword is with me to cut asunder my bonds, and there shall be no fear left for me in the world.
我?guī)е愕膶殑頂財辔业牧b勒,在世界上我將沒有畏懼。
From now I leave off all petty decorations.
從今起我要拋棄一切瑣碎的裝飾。
Lord of my heart, no more shall there be for me waiting and weeping in corners, no more coyness and sweetness of demeanour.
我心靈的主,我不再在一隅等待哭泣,也不再畏怯嬌羞。
Thou hast given me thy sword for adornment.
你已把你的寶劍給我佩帶。
No more doll's decorations for me!
我不再要玩偶的裝飾品了!