地點:羅斯公寓客廳
人物:瑞秋,羅斯,桑迪
事件:羅斯最終還是受不了多愁善感的男保姆桑迪而決定將他開除,瑞秋不忍看下去而躲了起來。
Ross: Here goes...
羅斯:我要去了……
Rachel: I can't watch. It's like firing Elmo.
瑞秋:我看不下去了。這就像是在解雇艾蒙。
Ross: Sandy, hi, we um, we kinda need to talk. I'm afraid it's not working out.
羅斯:桑迪,嗨,我們,呃,我們需要聊聊。我很遺憾地告訴你,此事好像行不通。
Sandy: Oh...
桑迪:哦……
Ross: Yeah, um, I mean, Rachel and I think you are great with Emma, um, we just feel...
羅斯:是的,呃,我是說,我和瑞秋都認為你照顧愛瑪照顧得非常好,呃,我們只是覺得……
Rachel: You! You feel!
瑞秋:是你!你認為!
Ross: I just feel that the... the chemistry isn't right. I'm sorry. We're... we're more than happy to give you good recommendation...
羅斯:我只是覺得……我們之間的氣場不太合。我很抱歉。我們很愿意為你提供好的推薦意見……
Sandy: Oh, no, no, no! That's okay. I got a lot of offers from other families. I just picked you guys 'cause I liked you the best.
桑迪:哦,不,不,不!沒關系的。我從別家也得到了很多邀請。我選擇你們是因為我最喜歡你們。
Rachel: Oh, damn you Geller!
瑞秋:去死吧,蓋勒!
Ross: Anyway, uh, well, I'm glad there's no hard feelings.
羅斯:總而言之,呃,很高興沒有什么不愉快的感覺。
Sandy: No, none at all. You need to be happy with whoever's in your home. Although if you don't mind telling me, what was your problem? Maybe it's something I can work on in the future.
桑迪:不,一點都沒有。你當然有權利選擇你喜歡的人。但是,如果你不介意的話,可否告訴我你的問題是什么?有可能的話,我以后還能有所改進。
Ross: No, you know, it's um, nothing you did, it's... it's um, it's my issue.
羅斯:不,你知道,不是你做了什么,是……呃,是我的問題。