November 24
11月24日
Read it!
讀讀看!
The library had a poetry contest!
圖書館舉辦了一場詩作大賽!
Alex and Abby both entered poems in the contest.
亞力克斯與雅碧都提出作品參加比賽,
Who won the contest? Alex did!
誰贏了?是亞力克斯!
The library has free copies of the best poems.
圖書館印制了最杰出的詩作。
Taylor asks Alex some questions.
泰樂問了亞力克斯一些問題。
What inspired him to write the poem?
是什么激發他的靈感寫那首詩?
Well, a photo can show colors.
這個嘛,照片可以顯示色彩,
But poems can describe many smells and sounds.
但詩可以描寫許多氣味與各種聲音的感覺。
Conversation A
會話A
Look, Taylor! Alex's poem is in this book.
泰樂,看!亞力克斯的詩在這本詩集里,
It has all the best poems from the library's poetry contest.
這里面收錄了圖書館詩作大賽中最杰出的詩。
Oh! Do they have free copies at the library?
哦!到圖書館可以免費拿到這本詩集嗎?
Yes. They do.
可以。
Who won the contest?
誰贏了比賽?
Alex did!
亞力克斯!
Wow. I didn't know he wrote poems.
哇,我不曉得他會寫詩。
Me, neither!
我也不知道!
Maybe I can interview him.
也許我可以訪問他,
He can tell me about the contest.
讓他跟我談談那場比賽。
Conversation B
會話B
Alex entered a poem in the contest! I didn't know that.
亞力克斯寫了一首詩參加比賽!我都不知道。
I know. He didn't tell anyone.
是啊,他沒有告訴任何人。
He won the contest.
他贏得了比賽。
I entered a poem, too. But I didn't win anything.
我也寫了一首詩參加, 可是沒有獲得任何名次。
Really? I'm sorry, Abby.
真的嗎?雅碧,為妳感到遺憾。
It's OK. I'm still happy for Alex.
沒關系,我還是替亞力克斯感到高興。
Maybe you can try again next year.
說不定妳明年可以再試一次。
Yeah, I would like that!
沒錯,我就想這么做!
Conversation C
會話C
What inspired you to write your poem, Alex?
亞力克斯,是什么靈感激發你寫下那首詩呢?
Well, Abby and I went to Washington, D. C. in September.
這個嘛,雅碧和我在九月去了華府一趟。
You really loved the autumn weather.
你非常喜歡秋天的天氣。
I did. And I wanted to share that experience.
沒錯,而且我想分享那次的經驗。
Why don't you just show a picture?
你為什么不展示張照片就好?
Why write a poem?
為什么要寫詩?
A photo can show colors.
照片可以顯示色彩,
But poems can describe other things, too.
可是詩能夠描寫其他東西,
It can describe smells and sounds!
還能夠描寫出各種氣味與聲音交織的美!