Maybe you've thought about them, too.
也許你們會有共鳴。
In this talk, I'll take you through the four main legal approaches
在我的演講中,我將介紹全世界主流的四種與性工作者相關的
applied to sex work throughout the world, and explain why they don't work;
法律手段,并且解釋為什么它們沒有作用。
why prohibiting the sex industry actually exacerbates every harm that sex workers are vulnerable to.
為什么禁止色情行業實際上讓本來脆弱的性工作者雪上加霜。
Then I'm going tell you about what we, as sex workers, actually want.
然后我將告訴大家作為性工作者,我們真正渴望什么。
The first approach is full criminalization.
第一種法律手段是完全刑事化。
Half the world, including Russia, South Africa and most of the US,
地球上的半數國家,包括俄羅斯、南非和大部分的美國,
regulates sex work by criminalizing everyone involved.
宣布所有從事性工作的人,
So that's seller, buyer and third parties.
包括賣春者,買春者和第三方是違法的。
Lawmakers in these countries apparently hope that the fear of getting arrested will deter people from selling sex.
這些國家的立法者顯然希望被捕的恐懼會遏制人們賣淫的想法。
But if you're forced to choose between obeying the law and feeding yourself or your family,
但是如果你必須要在遵守法律和養家糊口中選擇一個,
you're going to do the work anyway, and take the risk.
你還是會選擇鋌而走險去賣淫的。
Criminalization is a trap.
刑事化是一個陷阱。
It's hard to get a conventional job when you have a criminal record.
如果你有了犯罪記錄,就很難找到傳統的工作。
Potential employers won't hire you.
招聘方不會雇傭你。
Assuming you still need money, you'll stay in the more flexible, informal economy.
假設你仍然需要錢,你的經濟狀況仍然是脆弱的,不正規的。
The law forces you to keep selling sex, which is the exact opposite of its intended effect.
法律不僅沒有阻止你,反而強迫了你去繼續賣淫。
Being criminalized leaves you exposed to mistreatment by the state itself.
賣淫活動的刑事化導致賣淫者會受到國家本身的不公平對待。
In many places you may be coerced into paying a bribe
很多情況下你不得不用賄賂
or even into having sex with a police officer to avoid arrest.
甚至與警察官員性交易的方式來避免被逮捕。
Police and prison guards in Cambodia, for example,
比如說,柬埔寨的警察和監獄看守
have been documented subjecting sex workers to what can only be described as torture:
曾經被記錄使用折磨的手段對待性工作者:
threats at gunpoint, beatings, electric shocks, rape and denial of food.
用槍恐嚇她們,毆打,電擊,強奸她們,甚至讓她們絕食。