No, because Diet Coke contains caffeine.
不,你喝它是因為健怡可樂里含有咖啡因。
Caffeine actually functions as a diuretic; it removes fluid from your body.
而咖啡因實際上是一種利尿劑,它的作用反而是讓液體流出你的身體。
This is why you're not supposed to drunk caffeinated drinks while you're engaging in sports.
所以,我們運動的時候不該和咖啡因飲料。
It's why you pee a lot after you drink caffeinated drinks.
同樣所以你喝了咖啡因飲料之后會排出更多的尿。
And yet, we all know that the purpose of eating and drinking is nutrition and hydration.
那么,我們都知道吃和喝的意義在于吸收營養和水分。
That's the purpose of the digestive organs.
是消化器官的功用。(而你喝可樂就違背了這種功用)
Get this away from me, you pervert.
把它拿回去,你這個變態!
Oh sure, you laugh now, but the next thing you know, Diet Coke drinkers will want to teach in our schools and parade in our streets.
你們竟然笑得出來,我要告訴你們可怕的事實(模仿反同性戀者的口氣):喝健怡可樂這種"非自然"的東西的變態正在課堂上教書,在街上閑逛!
You're laughing, and that's good because it means that you follow me.
你們都笑了,這很好,因為你們聽懂了我要表達什么。
This is what we commit ourselves to when we insist that our organs have a "natural" purpose, and to use them for any other purpose is unnatural, and therefore, wrong.
當我們堅定地信仰"器官都有其'自然賦予'的功用,否則就是'非自然的',是錯的。"這種邏輯的時候,我們就會鬧出這種笑話。
Frankly, when I hear people say that homosexuality is "unnatural," it's really kind of a fancy dressed-up way of saying, "It's gross! It bothers me. It's icky."
老實說,當我聽到別人說同性戀是"非自然"的時候,他們常會換種精心打扮過的說法:比如同性戀很惡心,同性戀讓我心煩,同性戀令人作嘔。
And I have no doubt that a lot of people feel that way about homosexuality.
我并不懷疑這一點,很多人對同性戀有著類似的感受。
Maybe you're one of those people, and that's okay.
也許你也是其中之一。這沒什么大不了。
A lot of us have feelings.
我們身上都會產生感受。
A lot of things might gross you out.
很多東西都會讓你感到惡心。
You might think that having reptiles as pets is gross.
不妨設想一下,把鱷魚蜥蜴當成寵物可能讓你感到惡心。
You might think that eating broccoli is gross.
吃西蘭花香菜松花蛋可能讓你感到惡心。
You might think that cleaning the bathroom is gross.
打掃洗手間可能讓你感到惡心。
You know, here at Wayne State University, where we're doing this lecture tonight, we have one of the largest mortuary science programs in the Midwest.
就在我今晚演講的地方--韋恩州立大學。這里有中西部最大的供科學研究的遺體儲存機構。
Many of my students are in the mortuary science program; they take Ethics class.
我的學生里很多人都參與到遺體研究項目中去,他們都會接受倫理培訓。
They touch dead people on a regular basis.
他們會定期觸碰死者的遺體。
I think that's disgusting.
在我看來真是令人反胃。
They hand their papers in to me and I'm like, "Ew!"
他們把論文用手交給我的時候,我真是不舒服。
But, the fact that it grosses me out, the fact that it would gross most of us out doesn't make it wrong.
但是,一種事物讓我不舒服或者讓我們大多數人反胃,并不等于它就是錯的。
At best, it gives us grounds for an aesthetic judgment, not a moral judgment.
退一萬步說,我們也僅僅可以對其作出美學的判斷而不是道德的判斷。
好,我們說到哪里了?
I have looked at some of the most common arguments against homosexuality and explained to you why I think they don't work.
我們已經分析了最常見的一些反對同性戀的論點,還對你們評述了為什么我認為這些觀點都站不住腳。
I want to conclude tonight by talking about what the real problem is.
那么真正的問題是什么?今晚我想以此討論作結。
And I should say, by talking about what part of the real problem is because I don't think there's any simple problem or simple explanation here.
應該說,我會討論真正問題的各個部分,因為我不認為問題是個簡單的問題,也不認為會有個簡單的答案。
I think it's complex.
問題非常復雜。
But I think part of it goes back to something that I said a moment ago about it making people uncomfortable, grossing people out.
一部分的問題在于我剛剛討論過的,同性戀會讓一些人不自在、不舒服。