Dialogue 1
(Xiao Gao is checking into a hotel. Jing Jing plays the part of the front deskemployee)
小高正在辦理酒店入住,京晶扮演酒店前臺
JJ: Hello, sir. How may I help you?
京晶:您好,先生,有什么我可以幫您的嗎?
XG:Hi, I have a reservation under the name Gao.
小高:您好,我有一個姓高的名字的預定。
JJ:Wait a moment while I look you up. Oh yes,Xiao Gao, is that right?
京晶:稍等,我幫您查看一下。哦是的。小高,對嗎?
XG:Yes, that's right.
小高:是的,沒錯。
JJ:Okay, it looks like you've booked a queen size bed?
京晶:好的,看上去您預訂了一個大號床?
XG: Correct. By the way, could you tell me some fun things to do around here? This is my first time to Miami.
小高:是的。對了,您能告訴我一些在這附近能做的有趣的事嗎?這是我第一次來到邁阿密。
JJ:Well, you asked the right person. I used to work as a tour guide before getting this job at the hotel. I think you should check out Miami Beach. It's a great place to get a tan. At Miami Beach, you can go on a speed boat tour. Afterwards, you should take aboat to the Bahamas. It's a paradise! You'll love the restaurants and bars there!
京晶:嗯,您可真是問對人了。我在得到酒店這份工作之前曾經是個導游。我想您一定要去邁阿密海灘看看,那可真是個享受陽光美黑的好地方。在邁阿密海灘,您可以來個快艇游。然后,您可以坐船去巴哈馬群島。那兒簡直是天堂!您一定會喜歡那兒的餐廳和酒吧。
XG:Okay, thanks so much. I'm gonna go get my swim suit on and hit the beach!
小高:好的,非常感謝。我準備拿上我的泳衣直奔海灘!
Dialogue 2
(Xiao Gao is at arestaurant at the Bahamas. Jing Jing plays the part of the restaurantemployee)
小高在巴哈馬群島的一家餐廳,京晶扮演餐廳服務員
JJ:Hello, sir. Table for one?
京晶:先生,您好?一位嗎,
XG:Yes, please.
小高:是的。
JJ:Smoking or non?
京晶:您想坐吸煙區還是非吸煙區?
XG:Non, please.
小高:非吸煙區,謝謝。
JJ:Okay, right this way. Can I get you started off with something to drink?
京晶:好的,這邊請。您要來點什么喝的?
XG:How about a martini?
小高:一杯馬丁尼怎么樣?
JJ:Coming right up. Do you still need a minute to look at the menu?
京晶:馬上來。您還需要一點時間看菜單嗎?
XG:What are your specials today?
京晶:你們今天的特價菜是什么?
JJ:Today our specials are steak and potatoes and roasted salmon. Do any of those sound good?
京晶:今日特價菜是牛排土豆和烤三文魚,您覺得哪一款聽著還不錯?
XG:I'll go with the steak please.
小高:那我要牛排好了。
JJ:Okay, I'll be right back with your order.
京晶:好的。您的單很快就來。
(After an hour,Xiao Gao has finished his meal)
一個小時后,小高用完餐
JJ:How are we doing? Can I get you another martini?
京晶:怎么樣?需要再來一杯馬丁尼嗎?
XG:No, thank you, I'm feeling a bit tipsy already. I'll take the check, though.
小高:不了,非常感謝。我感覺有點微醺了。我要買單了。
JJ:You got it. Here you are. I'll be back to pick that up in a few minutes.
京晶:沒問題,給您。我過一會兒回來拿。
XG:Thank you so much.
小高:非常感謝
New words for dialogue:
Reservation = 預定
Under the name = 用誰誰誰的名字來預定的
Look [something] up =查詢
Book = reserve 預訂
Queen size bed = 大號床
Get a tan = 曬黑
Speed boat = 快艇
Swim suit = 泳衣
Table for one? = 一位嗎?
Smoking or non? = Do you want to sit in a smoking or non-smokingsection? 您想坐吸煙區還是非吸煙區?
Can I get you started off with something to drink? = Avery standard phrase asked by almost all waiters and waitresses at arestaurant. What would you like to drink? 餐廳服務員標準用語:您想喝點什么?
What are your specials today? = 今天有什么特價嗎?
I'll go with [something] = 我選擇[something]
Tipsy = 有一點點暈,但不算醉,微醺
I'll take the check = 我要埋單
You got it = 沒問題