1、get around
克服,解決(問題或困難)
None of these countries has found a way yet to get around the problem of the polarization of wealth.
這些國家都還沒有找到辦法來解決貧富分化的問題。
規避,避開(法律或規章)
Although tobacco ads are prohibited, companies get around the ban by sponsoring music shows.
雖然嚴禁為煙草做廣告,但一些煙草公司卻通過贊助音樂會來打擦邊球。
(消息等)傳開,散播出去
They threw him out because word got around that he was taking drugs.
由于有傳言說他吸毒,他們把他解雇了。
I'll see that it gets round that you've arrived.
我一定保證讓大家知道你到了。
2、come up
走近;走到跟前
Her cat came up and rubbed itself against their legs.
她的貓跑上前來,在他們腿上蹭來蹭去。
He came up to me and said: 'Come on, John.'
他走到我跟前說:“快點,約翰。”
被提及;被討論
The subject came up during a pre-dinner drink with our guests.
在與客人喝餐前酒的時候,有人提到了這個話題。
Jeane Kirkpatrick's name has come up a lot.
珍妮·柯克帕特里克的名字被多次提到。
即將發生;即將到來
Plan your activities so that you are rested and refreshed when something important is coming up.
做好日常規劃,這樣一旦發生大事,才能夠從容不迫。
We do have elections coming up.
我們的確將要進行選舉。