Dialogue:
(Jing Jing is visiting New York for the first time. Xiao Gao plays the part of the taxi driver)
京晶第一次來到紐約,小高扮演出租車司機
JJ:Taxi!... Oh thanks so much for stopping. Do you know how to get to Times Square from here?
京晶:出租車!謝天謝地您停車了,您知道從這兒怎么去時代廣場嗎?
XG:Sure, hop in! So, is this your first time to The Big Apple?
小高:必須的。上車吧!喲,您這是第一次來紐約?
JJ:Yeah, it sure is. I never thought New York was this big. It reminds me of Shanghai, China.
京晶:當然了,我從沒想到紐約竟然這么大,它讓我想起了中國的上海。
XG:Oh, you're from China, eh? Wow, that's a long way from New York. When did you land?
小高:噢,您來自中國?哇哦,離紐約很遠呢,什么時候到的?
JJ:Yesterday evening. I'm still a little jet lagged.
京晶:昨晚,現在還有點時差疲勞呢。
XG:Well welcome to Manhattan. Where else are you gonna see while you're here?
小高:歡迎來到曼哈頓,在這兒停留的日子里還打算去其他什么地方瞧瞧?
JJ:I'm planning on visiting Central Park and of course, theEmpire State Building. Hey, maybe you could tell me some good places to visit?
京晶:我計劃中央公園看看,當然了,還有帝國大廈。嘿,也許您能告訴我一些游玩好去處?
XG:It'd be my pleasure! I think you should add the statue of liberty to your list, it's a must-see.
小高:我的榮幸。我想您應該把自由女神像列入游覽名單吧,這可是必去之地呀。
JJ:Oh, that's a great idea.
京晶:嗯,好主意。
XG:If you're into animals, you should check out the Bronx Zoo. The 9/11 memorial is also a place you can't miss. And since you're a lady, I bet you like shopping, right?
小高:如果你喜歡動物的話,可以去布朗克斯動物園動物園看看,當然911紀念地也是不容錯過的地方。既然您是位女士,我猜一定喜歡購個物吧?
JJ:That's right!
京晶:沒錯!
XG:Well then you'll love downtown Manhattan. There's enough shopping malls there to keep you busy for days. But make sure you save some money for Coney Island, too. There's lots of things to do there. If you still have enough energy, you should check out New York's nightlife. You won'tbe disappointed.
小高:那您一定喜歡曼哈頓鬧市區,那兒太多的商場夠您逛好幾天的。但是記得也要為康尼島留點錢,那兒可做的事太多了。如果您還有精力,您應該好好感受紐約的夜生活,你一定會喜歡的。
JJ:Thanks so much, those are some great tips!
京晶:非常感謝啊!這些小攻略太棒了!
XG:Here we are, Times Square! That'll be $32.50.
小高:我們到了,時代廣場,一共32.5美元。
JJ:Here's $35, keep the change. By the way, can you tell me how to get to the music store?
京晶:這是35美元,您留著小費吧。對了,您能告訴我怎么去音樂商店嗎?
XG:Sure, walk two blocks east. You'll see it on your right.Good luck!
小高:當然,向東走過兩條街,右手邊就是。祝您好運!
New words for dialogue:
hop in = get in the car 上車
The Big Apple = New York City 紐約市
It reminds me of… = 讓我想起…
When did you land? = When did you arrive? 你什么時候到達的?
Jet lagged = tired from the time difference between twoplaces 由時差引起的疲勞
A must-see = 非要去看不可的地方
Into [something] = like [something] 喜歡(某事)
Check out = 去看看
A place you can't miss = 非要去看不可的地方
Nightlife = The atmosphere after dark 夜生活
You won't be disappointed = 你一定會喜歡的
Keep the change = You can keep the tip 收著小費