馬里亞納:你認為這座體育場完成還需要多久?
Klaus:Don't hold your breath.
克勞斯:別屏住呼吸啊。
The plan for the stadium is fundamentally flawed, but the government rammed it down the throats of the voters.
這座體育場的計劃存在根本性缺陷,但政府卻硬扛下來以堵住選民們的嘴。
Mariana:Do you really think the project is doomed?
馬里亞納:你真的認為這個項目完蛋了嗎?
Klaus:Haven't you heard the reports of corruption and poor management?
克勞斯:你沒聽說過腐敗及管理不善的報告嗎?
They're cutting corners left and right.
他們到處偷工減料。
I wouldn't be surprised if the stadium is being built with shoddy materials.
如果這座體育場是用劣質材料建造,我不會感到驚訝的。
Mariana:Then the entire thing is a joke!
馬里亞納:那整個事情就是一個笑話!
Klaus:Yes, and the joke is on us.
克勞斯:是的,這個笑話正發生在我們身上。
Government officials are going through the motions, not caring about the results.
政府官員正在走過場,他們才不關心結果。
All they care about is lining their pockets.
他們只關心自己的口袋。
Mariana:I have heard about the cost overruns.
馬里亞納:我已聽說過成本超支的事情。
Do you think the city will ever recoup the money spent on this project?
你認為這個城市會在這個項目上收回成本嗎?
Klaus:Maybe a little, if we can sell the entire thing as scrap metal!
克勞斯:也許是一點點,如果我們能把這整個破玩意當破爛賣掉的話就可以!
譯文屬可可原創,僅供學習交流使用,未經許可請勿轉載