Dialogue 1
Jingjing: So, Xiao Gao, what are you gonna do for the weekend?
京晶:小高,你這周末打算做什么?
Xiao Gao: I haven't decided yet, it's still up in the air as to whether I'll go camping with my friends or go bike riding through the countryside.
小高:我還沒有決定。還不確定是要和朋友去野營還是騎自行車去郊外。
Jingjing: Both of those things sound really tiring. Why don't you stay in town and hangout with your friends?
京晶:聽上去都挺累人的,你為什么不待在城里,就和朋友聚聚會呢?
Xiao Gao: I'm an outdoorsman. I love nature, and besides, lately the weather has taken a turn for the better.
小高:我是一個戶外運動控,我愛自然,而且最近天氣也開始好轉了。
Jingjing: I guess different things make us happy. I use my weekends to catch some shuteye.
京晶:我想,讓每個人開心的東西不一樣,我通常用我的周末來補覺。
Xiao Gao: I think you'd really like camping. How about we both go camping this weekend?
小高:我覺得你肯定會非常喜歡野營的,不如我們這個周末去野營吧?
Jingjing: I don't know, is it expensive?
京晶:嗯,會很貴嗎?
Xiao Gao: Not at all! But I'd appreciate some help with gas money. It's a long drive out to the campsite.
小高:一點兒也不。但是如果能你能付一些汽油費就再好不過了,去宿營地的路程還挺遠的。
Jingjing: Okay, I'll spring for gas. Can I help with anything else?
京晶:好的,那汽油費我就出了,我還能幫忙做些什么嗎?
Xiao Gao: I'll let you set up the tent, you'll love it!
小高:你可以搭帳篷,你肯定會特別喜歡的。
Jingjing: It sounds like I'm getting the raw end of the deal. I heard that can be a lot of work.
京晶:聽上去不公平呀,我聽說搭帳篷很費力氣的。
Xiao Gao: Don't worry, I'll help you through it. So are we on for the weekend?
小高:別擔心,我會幫你的,那么就這個周末了,說定了?
Jingjing: We're on!
京晶:定了!
習語短語
1. up in the air = 還不確定某事
2. outdoorsman = 喜歡戶外運動的人
3. (something) has taken a turn for the better = 某事好轉了
4. catch someshuteye = 睡覺
5. spring for (something) = 為某事付錢
6. the raw end of adeal = 不公平,吃虧了
7. to be on for (a time) = 約定好做某事
Dialogue 2
(Jingjing and Xiao Gao have just arrived at the campsite)
(京晶和小高剛剛到達宿營地)
Jingjing: Xiao Gao! You should have looked at the weather report before we left! I can't believe it's raining right now! This is the pits!
京晶:小高,你真應該看看天氣預報再出發,我簡直不敢相信現在正在下雨,太糟糕了。
Xiao Gao: Don't worry, we'll still have a good time. Hurry up and pitch the tent before we get any wetter.
小高:別擔心,我們還是可以好好玩兒的,快來,在我們被淋濕之前幫我把帳篷搭起來。
Jingjing: There are a lot of poles, I don't know what to do first.
京晶:這里有很多桿子,我不知道先干什么。
Xiao Gao: There's nothing to it, watch me… There, all done.
小高:其實很簡單,你看我的,這樣做就好了。
Jingjing: I guess that wasn't so bad. So what are we supposed to do now? It's too cold and wet to be outside right now.
京晶:看起來確實不難。那我們現在應該做什么?外面實在太冷太濕了。
Xiao Gao: How about we make dinner in the tent? I brought a portable stove and some ramen.
小高:那我們在帳篷里做晚餐吧,我帶了一個便攜式爐子和一些拉面。
Jingjing: Now you're talking! Cooking is right up my alley. Ok, Xiao Gao, just sit back and relax. I'm gonna cook up a mean bowl of noodles.
京晶:太好了,我最擅長做飯了,好吧,小高,你就坐在那兒休息吧,讓我來大顯伸手一番。
Xiao Gao: Hey, you should come camping more often! You seem like a pro!
小高:嘿,你應該經常來露營,你看起來像個專家呢!
Jingjing: What can I say? I guess I'm just good at everything I do!
京晶:哎,怎么說呢,我就是個全才,任何事都能做好。
Xiao Gao: Well, I'm glad you're having fun.
小高:我很高興你能玩得愉快。
Jingjing: Me too. Here, the food is ready, let's eat!
京晶:我也是,來吧,晚餐做好啦,我們吃吧!
習語短語
1. the pits = 太糟糕了
2. pitch a tent = 把帳篷搭起來
3. There's nothingto it. = 做某事很簡單。
4. ramen = (日式)拉面;方便面
5. Now you'retalking! = 太好了!
6. right up one'salley = 擅長、喜歡做某事
7. a mean (bowl/dish) of (food) = 美味佳肴
8. a pro =“professional”的簡稱;高手;牛人