Dialogue
Xiao Gao:Hey, Jingjing, what are you doing?
小高:嗨,京晶,你在干嘛呢?
Jingjing: Just reading my horoscope.
京晶:我在看我的星座運勢。
XiaoGao: You actually read that nonsense?
小高:干嘛要看那些沒用的東西?
Jingjing: Why not? It's really interesting.
京晶:為什么不呢,非常有意思呀!
XiaoGao: Can you tell me about it?
小高:你能給我講講嗎?
Jingjing: It's based on astrology. Astrologers have divided a piece of the universe into twelve different signs. These are called zodiac signs. The word zodiac comes from Latin, which means “a circle of little animals”.
京晶:它的依據是占星學,占星學家們把宇宙的一部分分為十二宮,就叫做十二宮位圖或星座。英文中“十二宮位圖”這個詞來源于拉丁語,它的意思是“一圈小動物”。
XiaoGao: Oh, okay, is it the same as the Chinese zodiac?
小高:好吧,這跟中國的十二生肖一樣嗎?
Jingjing: No, this horoscope is based on the month they were born, not the year.
京晶:不一樣,星座是以出生的月份決定的,不是出生的年份。
XiaoGao: Oh, can you tell me about the signs?
小高:好吧,你能跟我講講這些星座嗎?
Jingjing: Sure, people born between March 21 and April 19 are called Aries. They're really energetic, quick, and competitive. They like being active outside rather than staying home.
京晶:當然,出生在3月21日到4月19日的人是白羊座。他們精力充沛,思維敏捷,并且非常好勝。他們喜歡戶外運動而不是宅在家里。
XiaoGao: I'm more of a hermit and like to stay in my house. I don't think I'm an Aries.
小高:我更像個隱士,喜歡宅在家里,我想我應該不是白羊座。
Jingjing: You're not. You and I are both a Taurus because we were born between April 20and May 20. We're strong, dependable people that work hard at what we do.
京晶:你確實不是,你和我都是金牛座,因為我們都出生在4月20日到5月20日之間。我們都非常堅強、可靠,并且工作努力。
XiaoGao: That sounds like me. Do these signs have any weak points?
小高:這聽起來挺像我的。這些星座的人有什么缺點嗎?
Jingjing: Yeah, a Taurus is usually pretty stubborn and we don't like sudden changes.
京晶:有啊,金牛座通常非常頑固,并且我們不喜歡突然的變化。
XiaoGao: So what's next?
小高:那下一個星座是什么?
Jingjing: People born between May 21 and June 21 are a Gemini. These people can be outgoing and fun, but sometimes they are serious and quiet.
京晶:出生在5月21日到6月21日之間的人是雙子座,這些人非常開朗和有趣,但是有時他們會嚴肅而安靜。
XiaoGao: Do they have any hobbies?
小高:他們有什么興趣愛好嗎?
Jingjing: Yes, they usually like to listen to music and read books.
京晶:是的,他們通常喜歡聽音樂和讀書。
習語短語
1.horoscope = 星座運勢
2.nonsense = 廢話
3.astrology = 占星學
4.zodiac= 黃道帶,十二宮
5.aries= 白羊座 3月21日到4月19日
6.hermit= 隱士,喜歡獨處的人
7.Taurus= 金牛座 4月20日至5月20日
8.weakpoint = 弱點
9.Gemini= 雙子座 5月21日至6月21日
Dialogue
XiaoGao:I have to admit, this horoscope stuff really caught my attention. I went home and did my own research about it.
小高:我不得不承認,星座運勢這東西真的引起我的興趣了,我回家仔細研究了一番。
Jingjing: Oh yeah? Can you tell me what comes after Gemini?
京晶:真的嗎?那你能告訴我雙子座后面是什么星座嗎?
XiaoGao:Yup, people born between June 22 and July 22 are called Cancer.They're the most sensitive of all. Family and home are the most important things in life to them.
小高:當然,出生在6月22日至7月22日之間的人是巨蟹座,他們是最敏感的星座。家庭是他們生命中最重要的東西。
Jingjing: That's right. Do you know what kinds of things they like?
京晶:你說得對,那你知道他們喜歡什么事情嗎?
XiaoGao:One of their favorite things to do is relaxing at home with family members. But be careful, don't say anything bad about a Cancer's mother,they'll get really upset!
小高:他們最喜歡的事情之一就是和家人一起在家里放松。但是一定要小心,千萬不能說巨蟹座的人媽媽的壞話,不然他們會非常生氣。
Jingjing: Wow, you really learned a lot. Leo comes next right? Tell me about that.
京晶:哇,你確實學了不少東西啊?再然后是獅子座對吧,給我講講他們吧!
XiaoGao:That's right, if your birthday is between July 23 and August 22,then you're a Leo. Its symbol is the lion. Everyone finds the Leo to be incredibly charming.
小高:嗯,如果你的生日在7月23日和8月22日之間,那么你就是獅子座,這個星座的標志是獅子。大家都覺得獅子座非常有魅力。
Jingjing: Ohh! Now I wish I were a Leo. Not fair!
京晶:嗯,聽你這么說我也想當獅子座了,這太不公平了。
XiaoGao:Don't worry. Sometimes Leos are lazy and arrogant. Besides, I already think you're charming…
小高:別急,有的時候獅子座會很懶惰,而且傲慢,況且,我覺得你已經很有魅力了。
Jingjing: Liar!
京晶:騙人!
XiaoGao:It's true! Anyways, after the Leo comes Virgo. Born between August23 and September 22, Virgos have a strong attention to detail. They are known to take good care of people.
小高:是真的,信不信由你。獅子座之后就是處女座,生日在8月23日和9月22日之間,他們極其關注細節,他們是公認的擅長照顧別人的人。
Jingjing: They also like to be around animals and nature. They take their jobs really seriously and tend to be a little shy.
京晶:他們也非常喜歡動物和大自然,他們對待工作非常認真,可有的時候會有一點兒害羞。
習語短語
1.catch someone's attention = 吸引某人的注意力,使某人開始思考某事
2.Cancer= 巨蟹座 6月22日至7月22日
3.Leo = 獅子座 7月23日至8月22日
4.charming = 有魅力的,迷人的
5.arrogant = 傲慢的
6.Virgo= 處女座 8月23日至9月22日