日韩色综合-日韩色中色-日韩色在线-日韩色哟哟-国产ts在线视频-国产suv精品一区二区69

手機APP下載

您現在的位置: 首頁 > 英語聽力 > 英語演講 > TED十佳演講話題 > 正文

TED十佳演講之心靈的世界:抑郁,我們各自隱藏的秘密(7)

來源:可可英語 編輯:max ?  可可英語APP下載 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


掃描二維碼進行跟讀打分訓練

And yet, when I went to look at alternative treatments,

當我去了解其它偏門療法時
I also gained perspective on other treatments.
我也接觸到了其它療法的不同的視角
I went through a tribal exorcism in Senegal that involved a great deal of ram's blood
我研究過塞內加爾一個部落的凈化儀式,他們在儀式中使用了大量的公羊血
and that I'm not going to detail right now,
這里我就不詳細講了
but a few years afterwards I was in Rwanda working on a different project,
但是幾年之后,當我去盧旺達參與另一個項目時
and I happened to describe my experience to someone,
我向一個當地人介紹了那個儀式
and he said, "Well, you know, that's West Africa, and we're in East Africa,
他說,“嗯,你知道,那是西非,我們這里是東非
and our rituals are in some ways very different,
我們的宗教儀式有一些不同的地方
but we do have some rituals that have something in common with what you're describing."
但是我們也有一些地方是共通的,(我們的方法)跟你描述的那種有些相似
And I said, "Oh." And he said, "Yes," he said,
然后我說,“哦”。 他說,“是的”,然后他繼續說道
"but we've had a lot of trouble with Western mental health workers, especially the ones who came right after the genocide."
但是西方世界跑過來的心理治療師給我們添了不少麻煩,尤其是那些大屠殺之后跑來的心理醫生們
And I said, "What kind of trouble did you have?"
于是我問他,“什么麻煩?”
And he said, "Well, they would do this bizarre thing.
他說,“是這樣的,他們做的事情很古怪
They didn't take people out in the sunshine where you begin to feel better.
他們并不會讓人去陽光下活動,雖然這會讓人感覺舒服
They didn't include drumming or music to get people's blood going.
他們不使用音樂或打鼓的方式激發人們的情緒
They didn't involve the whole community.
他們不會讓整個社區參與其中
They didn't externalize the depression as an invasive spirit.
他們也沒有將抑郁外顯化為一種惡靈進行驅逐
Instead what they did was they took people one at a time into dingy little rooms
相反的,他們將那些(抑郁的)人單獨地帶到一個昏暗的小房間
and had them talk for an hour about bad things that had happened to them."
花一個小時讓他們回憶發生在他們身上的悲慘的事情。”
He said, "We had to ask them to leave the country."
他說,“我們只能請他們離開這個國家了。”

抑郁,我們各自隱藏的秘密

Now at the other end of alternative treatments, let me tell you about Frank Russakoff.

現在,我想分享另外一種替代的療法,弗蘭克·若薩克夫接受了這種替代療法
Frank Russakoff had the worst depression perhaps that I've ever seen in a man.
弗蘭克的抑郁癥可能是我見過的最嚴重的抑郁癥之一
He was constantly depressed.
他一直處于抑郁狀態
He was, when I met him, at a point at which every month he would have electroshock treatment.
當我剛見到他的時候,他每個月都要接受電休克治療
Then he would feel sort of disoriented for a week.
所以他每個月第一周會被電的迷迷糊糊
Then he would feel okay for a week.
第二周變得正常起來
Then he would have a week of going downhill.
第三周開始情緒又開始走下坡路
And then he would have another electroshock treatment.
然后他就會尋求下一次電休克治療
And he said to me when I met him,
當我開始見到他的時候,他說
"It's unbearable to go through my weeks this way.
“這種(電休克的)周期對于我而言是無法避免的
I can't go on this way, and I've figured out how I'm going to end it if I don't get better.
我不能這么下去了。我知道如果我不能夠變好起來意味著什么
But," he said to me,
“但是”,他對我說,
"I heard about a protocol at Mass General for a procedure called a cingulotomy, which is a brain surgery,
“我聽說麻省總院最近在進行醫療實驗,實驗一種腦手術,叫扣帶回切開術
and I think I'm going to give that a try."
我想我會去嘗試一下。”
And I remember being amazed at that point
我至今都記得當時我聽到后的驚喜的心情
to think that someone who clearly had so many bad experiences with so many different treatments
想想這樣一個人經歷了如此多的悲慘經歷,忍受了那么多的治療方法
still had buried in him somewhere enough optimism to reach out for one more.
骨子里依然有一種與生俱來的樂觀要去嘗試新的東西
And he had the cingulotomy, and it was incredibly successful.
后來他做了扣帶回切開術,出乎意料地成功
He's now a friend of mine.
他跟我現在成為了朋友
He has a lovely wife and two beautiful children.
他有一個可愛的妻子和兩個漂亮的小孩
He wrote me a letter the Christmas after the surgery, and he said,
那次手術的圣誕節后,他寫了一封信給我,他說
"My father sent me two presents this year,
“我的父親今年寄給我兩件禮物
First, a motorized C.D. rack from The Sharper Image that I didn't really need,
一個是某個品牌的車載CD架,我不是很需要
but I knew he was giving it to me to celebrate the fact that I'm living on my own and have a job I seem to love.
但是我知道他是給我這個的目的是想要慶祝一下,我可以重新開始并且有了一份喜歡的工作
And the other present was a photo of my grandmother, who committed suicide.
另外一件禮物是我外婆的一張照片,她自殺了
As I unwrapped it, I began to cry, and my mother came over and said,
當我拆開包裝的時候,我開始哭泣,我的媽媽過來問道
'Are you crying because of the relatives you never knew?'
‘你哭是因為你從來沒有見過外婆么?’
And I said, 'She had the same disease I have.'
我說,‘不,是因為她的痛苦,我同樣經歷過。’
I'm crying now as I write to you.
寫這封信的現在,我又忍不住哭泣
It's not that I'm so sad, but I get overwhelmed,
不是因為悲傷,而是因為我再也無法承受
I think, because I could have killed myself,
我想我曾經也可能會自殺
but my parents kept me going, and so did the doctors, and I had the surgery.
但是我的父母給了我勇氣,還有治療我的醫生們,還有這個手術
I'm alive and grateful.
我活著,心懷感恩
We live in the right time, even if it doesn't always feel like it."
我們活在美好的時代,雖然有時候看起來很糟。”

重點單詞   查看全部解釋    
externalize [ik'stə:nəlaiz]

想一想再看

vt. 給…以外形;使具體化,使客觀化

聯想記憶
perspective [pə'spektiv]

想一想再看

n. 遠景,看法,透視
adj. 透視的

聯想記憶
community [kə'mju:niti]

想一想再看

n. 社區,社會,團體,共同體,公眾,[生]群落

聯想記憶
protocol ['prəutəkɔl]

想一想再看

n. 規章制度,草案,協議,外交禮儀

聯想記憶
disoriented [dis'ɔ:rientid]

想一想再看

adj. 無判斷力的;分不清方向或目標的 v. 使…迷惑

 
invasive [in'veisiv]

想一想再看

adj. 侵略性的;攻擊性的

 
procedure [prə'si:dʒə]

想一想再看

n. 程序,手續,步驟; 常規的做法

聯想記憶
frank [fræŋk]

想一想再看

adj. 坦白的,直率的,真誠的
vt. 免費

 
optimism ['ɔptimizəm]

想一想再看

n. 樂觀,樂觀主義

聯想記憶
alternative [ɔ:l'tə:nətiv]

想一想再看

adj. 兩者擇一的; 供選擇的; 非主流的

聯想記憶
?
發布評論我來說2句

    最新文章

    可可英語官方微信(微信號:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英語學習資料.

    添加方式1.掃描上方可可官方微信二維碼。
    添加方式2.搜索微信號ikekenet添加即可。
    主站蜘蛛池模板: 远古的传说| 高钧贤| 啪啪电影网| 视频欧美| 尹雪喜电影| 电视剧《河山》在线观看| 六年级上册英语书翻译| 金发女郎| 妈妈写给叛逆儿子的信看哭孩子| 王清海| 卡通频道| 豪血寺一族2出招表| 昌秀 电影| james deen| 名剑风流 电视剧| 电锯惊魂6 电影| 住院吸氧是一天24小时算钱吗| 老公看你的| 火花 电影| 寡妇电影| 楚青丝完美人生免费阅读| 十万个冷笑话第二季| 成人的性行为免费| 包公决战潘金莲| 陈百强电影| 天津电视台体育频道节目单| 实用咒语大全| 电影网1905免费版| 热天午后| 化学奥林匹克竞赛初赛试题 | 不死法医第一季在线观看免费完整版| 口述公交车上| 色戒在线观看完整版| 欧美一级毛片免费视频| 范瑞君| 易烊千玺个人简历资料| 秀人网门户网免费| 182tv在线视频| 无懈可击图片| 生活片爱情电影大全| 荒笛子简谱|