1、get down
使沮喪;使憂郁
At times when my work gets me down, I like to fantasize about being a farmer.
有時當工作讓我沮喪時,我喜歡幻想自己是一個農場主。
俯身;跪下;趴下
She got down on her hands and knees on the floor.
她雙手撐地跪在地上。
'Get down!' she yelled. 'Somebody's shooting!'
“趴下!”她大聲喊道,“有人開槍!”
2、put through
為…接通電話
The operator will put you through.
接線員會為你接通電話。
He asked to be put through to Charley Lunn.
他要求跟查利·倫恩通話。
使遭受
She wouldn't want to put them through the ordeal of a huge ceremony.
她不想讓他們參加大型儀式受罪。
Those two husbands put me through hell.
那兩任丈夫使我受盡地獄般的煎熬。
3、slide
滑動;溜
She slid the door open.
她滑開了門。
I slid the wallet into his pocket
我把錢包麻利地塞進了他的口袋。
麻利而無聲地移動;悄悄地溜到
He slid into the driver's seat.
他麻利地坐進駕駛員的座位。
'Nice meeting you, Zoe,' I said and slid off.
“很高興見到你,佐薇,”說完我便溜走了。
不自覺地陷入(某種情緒、態度或情境)
She had slid into a depression.
她不覺沮喪起來。
He needs them to stop the country sliding into chaos.
他需要他們來防止這個國家陷入混亂。