日韩色综合-日韩色中色-日韩色在线-日韩色哟哟-国产ts在线视频-国产suv精品一区二区69

手機APP下載

您現在的位置: 首頁 > 英語聽力 > 英語美文欣賞 > 早讀英語 > 正文

新概念早讀英語初中版(MP3+中英字幕) 第11期:心心相印

來源:可可英語 編輯:clover ?  可可英語APP下載 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


掃描二維碼進行跟讀打分訓練

Always Here

心心相印
"Mom?"I instantly recognized the odd tone in my daughter Maura's voice.
"媽媽?"從女兒莫娜的口語中,我立刻意識到有點不對勁。
"Mom,one of my friends in the dorm tried to kill herself.
"媽媽,我宿舍里有位同學要自殺。
She took pills.We made her throw them up,
她吃了許多安眠藥。我們已想辦法讓她吐了出來,
then sat up with her all night,talking. She's tried this before,Mom."
還整夜陪她坐著,勸她。媽媽,她以前也試著這樣做過。"
"Did your friend get medical attention?"
"你的朋友看過醫生沒有?
I asked,trying to hit the right note in my own voice.
我強作鎮靜地問她。
"No,she's okay now, and she doesn't want us to report her."
"沒有,她現在一點事兒都沒有,而且她不要我們告訴別人。"
"You kids can't handle this kind of problem by yourselves,"
"你們還小,是無法處理這些事情的,"
I warned."Your friend needs professional help.
我告誡她。"你的朋友需要專業人士的幫助。
Tell your resident adviser what happened.She'll know what to do."
把我的一些告訴你們的舍監。她會知道怎么處理的。"
What a load for an 18-year-old.
對18歲的孩子而言,這個責任太大了。
"I was scared,Mom. You can't imagine how scared."
"媽媽,我好害怕。你根本就想象不出有多可怕啊。"
Yes,I can,Maura.I'm scared too--for your friend and for you.
不,我想象得出,莫娜,我也好擔心呀,擔心你的朋友,也擔心你呀。

xgn11.jpg

"All we could do was to hold her hand and listen."

"我們所能做的就是握住她的手,聽她訴說。"
If only I could hold Maura's hand that very moment.
但愿此刻我能握住莫娜的手。
After hanging up the phone,
打了電話之后,
I thought of all the right things I might have said,and didn't
我想起了我應該說而沒有說的所有的話。
Ours is an affectionate family,
雖然我們家是個溫馨的家。
but we are inclined to show,not tell our feelings.
但是我們都傾向于表現而不是說出自己的感受。
How do you hug a child long-distance?
怎么去擁抱你那天各一方的孩子呢?
I had copied a poem to send to each of my college daughters
我總是給每個上大學的女兒抄寫一首詩寄給她們,
when,as now, the occasion warranted.
每當碰到像現在這樣的情況。
It was from a little book by Susan Polis Schutz called Don't Be Afraid to Love.
這首詩選自蘇珊.波利斯.舒爾茨的一本小冊子,書名是《大膽去愛》。
The jacket flyleaf said her poems strike a responsive chord with readers.
該書扉頁上的評論說她的詩歌可以引起讀者心靈的共鳴。
This one did for me:
這首詩確實適合我:
I am always here to understand you I am always here to laugh with you
我一直陪伴左右與你心心相印我總是在你身旁與你笑語吟吟
I am always here to cry with you I am always here to talk to you
我時時鞍前馬后與你同聲哭泣我天天端坐眼前與你促膝談心
I am always here to think with you I am always here to plan with you
我時刻如影隨形與你仔細思尋我經常與你相依相偎與你計議前程
even though we might not always be together
盡管我倆也許無法永不分離
please know that I am always here to love you
不過請你相信任天涯海角我愛你永遠是刻骨銘心
Maura called the day she got my letter.
莫娜收到我信的當天,就給我打來了電話。
Her friend was all right,she said,and got counseling.
她說,她的朋友平安無事,并且接受了勸告。
"I gave her a copy of the poem you sent
"我把你給我的那首詩抄了一份送給她,
and she is carrying it in her wallet for moral support.
她把那首詩放在錢包里作為精神支柱。
I put the original on the message board on my door."
我把那份原件貼在了房門的告示板上。"
My tongue tied again as it reached for something to say.
話到嘴邊我卻再次什么都說不出來了。
"About that physics grade,"I changed the subject abruptly.
"物理成績怎么樣,"我趕緊岔開話題。
"Now that this crisis is over,
"既然這個非常事件過去了,
you have to buckle down and work harder Maura."
你就應該埋頭苦干好好學習啦,莫娜。"
on and on I went, playing the taskmaster,the preacher--
我重復了一遍又一遍,扮演著導師,牧師的角色,
at no loss at all for words in those roles.
不失時機地重復這些話語。
The following Saturday,there was a letter to me from Maura.What now?
隨后的星期六,我收到了莫娜的一封信。這為什么呢?
She never wrote letters.Maybe I was too tough on her.
她是從不寫信的。也許我對她太苛刻了吧,
Is something so bad that she's afraid to tell me on the phone?
還是有什么難言之隱不便在電話里說呢?
The note was short:
信很短:
"Dear Mom: In case you were wondering,
親愛的媽媽:您毋須一天到晚擔驚受怕,
'I am always here to understand you.' Love,Maura.
'我一直陪伴左右,與您心心相印。'愛您的莫娜。

重點單詞   查看全部解釋    
responsive [ri'spɔnsiv]

想一想再看

adj. 回答的,應答的,易感應的

聯想記憶
warranted ['wɔrəntid]

想一想再看

adj. 擔保的,保證的 動詞warrant的過去分詞和

聯想記憶
strike [straik]

想一想再看

n. 罷工,打擊,毆打
v. 打,撞,罷工,劃

 
handle ['hændl]

想一想再看

n. 柄,把手
v. 買賣,處理,操作,駕馭

聯想記憶
affectionate [ə'fekʃənit]

想一想再看

adj. 情深的,充滿情愛的

聯想記憶
wallet ['wɔlit]

想一想再看

n. 皮夾,錢包

 
understand [.ʌndə'stænd]

想一想再看

vt. 理解,懂,聽說,獲悉,將 ... 理解為,認為<

 
professional [prə'feʃənl]

想一想再看

adj. 職業的,專業的,專門的
n. 專業人

 
chord [kɔ:d]

想一想再看

n. 弦,和音,情緒

 
abruptly [ə'brʌptli]

想一想再看

adv. 突然地,莽撞地,陡峭地,不連貫地

聯想記憶
?
發布評論我來說2句

    最新文章

    可可英語官方微信(微信號:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英語學習資料.

    添加方式1.掃描上方可可官方微信二維碼。
    添加方式2.搜索微信號ikekenet添加即可。
    主站蜘蛛池模板: 夕雾| 欧诺拉电影| 韩国电影《爱欲》| 男人上路| 美女亲热视频| 浪荡子的旅程电影| russian institute| 1—36集电视剧在线观看| 童宁的全部经典电影| 影视剧分娩片段合集| 一江春水向东流 电视剧| 听风者电视剧演员表| k总直播间| 张小婉身高体重| 歌曲串烧串词| 美女亚洲| 在爱的名义下| 高岛真一| 高嘉慧| 中国最贵的10大香烟| 以家人之名小说原著| 悦时光电影完整版免费观看| 永恒族 电影| 一年级数学小报简单又漂亮模板| 张柏芝惊艳照片| 复制情人之意识转移| 阴道| 张静初的三级未删减版| 姐妹7完整版| 打男生军人光屁股的网站视频| 《她的城》电视剧| 第一财经电视| 黄视频免费观看网站| 色即是空2| 叶静主演的电视剧| 我的亲爱| 女生下体长什么样| 灌篮高手日语版免费观看| 小丑回魂1| 唐安| 忍者神龟 电影|