Lesson 14 Life
第十四課 生活
October 31
10月31日
Did You Hear That Noise?
你有聽見嗎?
Read it!
讀讀看!
It is late. Jim has some work to finish.
很晚了, 吉姆還有工作要趕完,
Mark just finished recording an interview.
馬克剛剛錄完一段訪問,
There is no one else in the office building.
辦公大樓里沒有其他的人。
Mark hears a noise. Jim doesn't hear it.
馬克聽到一個聲響, 吉姆沒聽到。
Mark is serious! He heard a noise.
馬克是認真的! 他真的聽到一個聲音,
He's not crazy!
他沒有發瘋!
What is it? Is it a mouse or a ghost?
是什么聲音?是只老鼠還是鬼?
No. It's Rob!
都不是。 是羅柏!
The office is scary at night!
辦公室在晚上的時候是很可怕的!
Conversation A
會話A
Hi, Jim. Why are you still here? It's late.
嗨,吉姆,你為什么還在這里? 很晚了。
Hi, Mark. I have a lot of work to finish. What about you?
嗨,馬克。我還有一堆工作要做完, 那你呢?
I just finished recording an interview.
我剛剛錄完一段訪問。
Wow. That's a long interview.
哇,那訪問很長耶。
You started at 3:00!
你三點就開始了!
Yes, it was.
是啊,真的很長。
Did everyone else leave?
其他人都走了嗎?
I think so. Rob walked by about an hour ago.
我猜是吧。 羅柏大約一小時前從我面前走過。
Conversation B
會話B
Did you hear that?
你聽到了嗎?
What? I didn't hear anything.
聽到什么?我什么也沒聽到,
What did you hear?
你聽到什么?
I just heard a noise.
我只聽到一個聲響,
Who's there?!
是誰?!
Um, Mark . . . Are you OK?
呃,馬克…你還好嗎?
Yes. There was a noise.
我很好。剛剛有個聲音,
I heard a noise!
我真的聽到了!
No one else is here.
沒有別人在這里,
Everyone went home.
每個人都回家了。
I'm not crazy!
我沒有發瘋!
There it is again!
又聽到了!
Oh! I heard it, too.
哦!我也聽到了。
Conversation C
會話C
Maybe it's a mouse!
可能是只老鼠!
Maybe! There was a mouse in the office a few months ago.
有可能!幾個月前辦公室的確有只老鼠。
Maybe it's a ghost!
也有可能是鬼!
Be serious, Mark!
馬克,正經點!
There are no ghosts.
鬼不存在。
Are you sure?
你確定嗎?
Rob! Didn't you go home?
羅柏!你不是回家了嗎?
No. I was in my office.
沒有啊,我在我的辦公室里。
It's scary here at night!
這里在晚上的時候很可怕!
That's for sure!
那還用說!