Lesson 7 Small Talk
第七課 閑聊
October 15
10月15日
Phone Trouble
聽不清楚啊
Read it!
讀讀看!
Rob is talking on the phone.
羅柏正在講電話。
But he can't hear.
但是他聽不到對方。
There is loud music in the office.
辦公室里放著很大聲的音樂。
Later, Susie is talking to customer service.
稍后,蘇希在和客服部說話,
She can't understand the man.
她聽不懂他在說什么。
She says, "Pardon me" and "Please say that again."
她說”抱歉“,還說”請再說一次“。
Then Rob calls Susie on his cellphone.
后來羅柏用他的手機打給蘇希,
The connection isn't good.
收訊不良,
Rob is breaking up.
羅柏講話斷斷續續。
That's OK. He can call Susie back.
那沒關系,他可以再打給蘇希一次。
Conversation A (in the office)
會話A(在辦公室)
Hello . . . Yes . . .
喂…是…
I'm sorry, I can't hear you.
很抱歉,我聽不清楚。
Wait a minute.
請等一下。
Hey, Susie. Can you help me?
嘿,蘇希,你可以幫個忙嗎?
OK, Rob. What's going on?
好啊,羅柏,什么事?
I'm talking on the phone.
我正在電話上,
But I can't hear very well.
但是我聽不太清楚,
That music is too loud.
那個音樂太大聲了。
Sorry, Rob. I can turn down the music.
對不起,羅柏, 我可以把音樂關小聲一點。
Thanks, Susie.
蘇希,謝謝你。
That's better. I can hear you now.
好多了, 我現在可以聽到你了。
Conversation B (later)
會話B(稍后)
Hello . . . Yes . . .
喂…是…
Pardon me? What did you say?
抱歉? 你說什么?
What's the problem, Susie?
蘇希,有什么問題嗎?
I'm talking to customer service about my computer.
我正在和客服部講我的計算機,
But I can't understand the man.
可是我聽不懂那個人說什么。
Ask him to speak slowly and clearly.
請他說慢點,講清楚點。
I can do that.
這個我做得到。
Say, "Can you say that again?"
說:”你可以再說一次嗎?“
Thanks, Rob.
羅柏,謝謝你。
Hello. I'm sorry, I can't understand you.
喂,很抱歉,我聽不懂你說的,
Please say that again.
請你再說一遍。
Conversation C (Rob and Susie are talking on the phone.)
會話C(羅柏和蘇希在講電話。)
Hello, Susie? Are you busy?
喂,蘇希?你在忙嗎?
I have a question for you.
我有個問題要問你。
What is it?
什么問題?
What is the . . .
什么是…
Sorry, Rob, I can't hear you.
抱歉,羅柏,我聽不到你,
You are breaking up.
你的聲音斷斷續續。
It's my cellphone. I'm in an elevator.
是因為我的手機, 我在電梯里。
Well, this connection isn't good.
嗯,這個通訊不好。
Don't worry. I can call you back.
別擔心, 我可以再打給你,
Wait a minute.
等一下。