Welcome to our day school on crime fiction.
歡迎各位參加我們關于犯罪小說的日校
My name is David Grylls.
我叫大衛·格里爾斯
I am the director of Oxford University's
是牛津大學繼續教育項目
Continuing Education Program in Literature,
文學部的主任
and I am the organizer and Chair today.
今天由我負責課堂的組織和主持
You will have notice already that
你們應該已經發現
we are in a different venue from usual.
今天的上課地點不同于往常
Some of you I am sure have been in today's schools in Rewley House.
我肯定你們中有人在Rewley House上過課
This particular event proved so popular that we had to relocate
這門課太受歡迎了,以至于我們不得不換上課地點
And knowing how people who read crime fiction
也由此可見喜歡讀犯罪小說的人
like to have a challenge and to follow clues.
是多么喜歡挑戰和追蹤線索
We picked this particular auditorium
我們換到這個禮堂的事情
as a test of wits of the outset of the day.
就當做是一個智力測試開始我們的一天
I am going to stick to time very strictly today,
今天我將對上課時間做嚴格要求
because as you know from the program,
正如你們對本項目的了解
although coffee and tea will be served here
在上午和下午的中間
in the middle of the morning, in the middle of the afternoon,
可以在這里飲用咖啡和茶水
lunch for those of you who are booked in for lunch
你們當中預訂午餐的
will be served at Rewley House.
將安排在Rewley House
You have maps.
你們有地圖
It's on the other side of St. Giles.
就在圣吉爾斯的另一邊
Do be careful in the middle of the day.
但是中午時間要特別小心
If you are in a state of excitement about these two lectures,
如果你們因為這兩個講座而興奮不已
not to get run over as you cross St. Giles.
那么穿過圣吉爾斯的時候就要防止被車撞到
It's ok if you get murdered,
如果你被謀殺了也沒關系
because we have got enough people on the panel today
因為今天我們來了足夠多的人
who would be able to detect the murderer.
他們能幫你找出兇手
But anyway be careful
但不管怎樣,一定要小心
and I hope that you get back in time in the afternoon.
我希望下午大家都能準時到
Coffee and tea actually when we end this section,
在本章節結束后可以去喝咖啡和茶水
you get out of the auditorium here,
從這個門走出禮堂
and then turn left and follow it round,
然后左轉向前走
and there's a large room on the left
左側的大房間就是
where coffee and tea will be served.
供應咖啡和茶水的地方