日韩色综合-日韩色中色-日韩色在线-日韩色哟哟-国产ts在线视频-国产suv精品一区二区69

手機APP下載

您現在的位置: 首頁 > 英語聽力 > 雙語有聲讀物 > 福爾摩斯探案全集 > 福爾摩斯探案之血字的研究 > 正文

血字的研究(MP3+中英字幕) 第20期:警察欒斯的敘述(1)

來源:可可英語 編輯:max ?  可可英語APP下載 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


掃描二維碼進行跟讀打分訓練
Chapter 4
第四章

WHAT JOHN RANCE HAD TO TELL

警察欒斯的敘述
IT WAS one o'clock when we left No. 3, Lauriston Gardens.
我們離開勞瑞斯頓花園街3號的時候,已是午后一點鐘了。
Sherlock Holmes led me to the nearest telegraph office, whence he dispatched a long telegram.
福爾摩斯同我到附近的電報局去拍了一封長電報。
He then hailed a cab, and ordered the driver to take us to the address given us by Lestrade.
然后,他叫了一部馬車,吩咐車夫把我們送到雷斯垂德告訴我們的那個地點。
"There is nothing like first-hand evidence," he remarked;
福爾摩斯說:"什么也比不上直接取得的證據來得重要,
"as a matter of fact, my mind is entirely made up upon the case, but still we may as well learn all that is to be learned."
其實,這個案子我早已胸有成竹了,可是咱們還是應當把要查明的情況弄個清楚。"
"You amaze me, Holmes," said I.
我說:"福爾摩斯,你真叫我莫名其妙。
"Surely you are not as sure as you pretend to be of all those particulars which you gave."
剛才你所說的那些細節,你自己也不見得象你假裝的那樣有把握吧。"
"There's no room for a mistake," he answered.
"我的話絕對沒錯。"他回答說,
"The very first thing which I observed on arriving there was that a cab had made two ruts with its wheels close to the curb.
"一到那里,我首先便看到在馬路石沿旁有兩道馬車車輪的痕跡。
Now, up to last night, we have had no rain for a week,
由于昨晚下雨以前,一個星期都是晴天,
so that those wheels which left such a deep impression must have been there during the night.
所以留下這個深深輪跡的馬車一定是在夜間到那里的。
There were the marks of the horse's hoofs, too,
除此以外,還有馬蹄的印子。
the outline of one of which was far more clearly cut than that of the other three, showing that that was a new shoe.
其中有一個蹄印比其它三個都要清楚得多,這就說明那只蹄鐵是新換的。
Since the cab was there after the rain began, and was not there at any time during the morning
這輛車子既然是在下雨以后到那里的,同時根據葛萊森所說,整個早晨又沒有車輛來過,
I have Gregson's word for that–it follows that it must have been there during the night,
由此可見,這輛馬車一定是昨天夜間在那里停留過;
and therefore, that it brought those two individuals to the house."
因此,也就正是這輛馬車把那兩個人送到空房那里去的。"

警察欒斯的敘述

"That seems simple enough," said I;

"這看來好象很簡單,"我說,
"but how about the other man's height?"
"但是其中一人的身高你又是怎樣知道的呢?"
"Why, the height of a man, in nine cases out of ten, can be told from the length of his stride.
"唔,一個人的身高,十之八九可以從他的步伐的長度上知道。
It is a simple calculation enough, though there is no use my boring you with figures.
計算方法雖然很簡單,但是現在我一步步地教給你也沒有什么用處。
I had this fellow's stride both on the clay outside and on the dust within.
我是在屋外的粘土地上和屋內的塵土上量出那個人步伐的距離的。
Then I had a way of checking my calculation.
接著我又發現了一個驗算我的計算結果是否正確的辦法。
When a man writes on a wall, his instinct leads him to write above the level of his own eyes.
大凡人在墻壁上寫字的時候,很自然會寫在和視線相片行的地方。
Now that writing was just over six feet from the ground. It was child's play."
現在壁上的字跡離地剛好六英尺。簡直就象兒戲一樣的簡單。"
"And his age?" I asked.
"至于他的年齡呢?"我又問道。
"Well, if a man can stride four and a half feet without the smallest effort,
"好的,假若一個人能夠毫不費力地一步跨過四英尺半,
he can't be quite in the sere and yellow.
他決不會是一個老頭兒。
That was the breadth of a puddle on the garden walk which he had evidently walked across.
小花園里的甬道上就有那樣寬的一個水洼,他分明是一步邁過去的,
Patent-leather boots had gone round, and Square-toes had hopped over.
而皮靴子卻是繞著走的,方頭靴子則是從上面邁過去的。
There is no mystery about it at all.
這絲毫沒有什么神秘的地方。
I am simply applying to ordinary life a few of those precepts of observation and deduction which I advocated in that article.
我只不過是把我那篇文章中所提出的一些觀察事物和推理的方法應用到日常生活上去罷了。
Is there anything else that puzzles you?"
你還有什么不解的地方嗎?"
"The finger-nails and the Trichinopoly," I suggested.
"手指甲和印度雪茄煙呢?"我又提醒他說。
"The writing on the wall was done with a man's forefinger dipped in blood.
"墻上的字是一個人用食指蘸著血寫的。
My glass allowed me to observe that the plaster was slightly scratched in doing it,
我用放大鏡看出寫字時有些墻粉被刮了下來。
which would not have been the case if the man's nail had been trimmed.
如果這個人指甲修剪過,決不會是這樣的。
I gathered up some scattered ash from the floor.
我還從地板上收集到一些散落的煙灰,
It was dark in colour and flaky –such an ash is only made by a Trichinopoly.
它的顏色很深而且是呈起狀的,只有印度雪茄的煙灰才是這樣。
I have made a special study of cigar ashes–in fact,
我曾經專門研究過雪茄煙灰。
I have written a monograph upon the subject.
事實上,我還寫過這方面的專題論文呢。
I flatter myself that I can distinguish at a glance the ash of any known brand either of cigar or of tobacco.
我可以夸口,無論什么名牌的雪茄或紙煙的煙灰,只要我看上一眼,就能識別出來。
It is just in such details that the skilled detective differs from the Gregson and Lestrade type."
正是在這些細微末節的地方,一個干練的偵探才與葛萊森、雷斯垂德之流有所不同。"

重點單詞   查看全部解釋    
glance [glɑ:ns]

想一想再看

v. 一瞥,掃視,匆匆一看,反光,閃爍,掠過

 
curb [kə:b]

想一想再看

n. 抑制,勒馬繩,邊石,路緣
vt. 抑制,

聯想記憶
breadth [bredθ]

想一想再看

n. 寬度

 
detective [di'tektiv]

想一想再看

adj. 偵探的
n. 偵探

聯想記憶
calculation [.kælkju'leiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 計算

 
pretend [pri'tend]

想一想再看

v. 假裝,裝作
adj. 假裝的

聯想記憶
clay [klei]

想一想再看

n. 粘土,泥土
n. (人的)肉體

 
boring ['bɔ:riŋ]

想一想再看

adj. 令人厭煩的

 
flatter ['flætə]

想一想再看

v. 阿諛奉承,取悅,炫耀
n. 平整工具

 
mystery ['mistəri]

想一想再看

n. 神秘,秘密,奧秘,神秘的人或事物

 
?
發布評論我來說2句

    最新文章

    可可英語官方微信(微信號:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英語學習資料.

    添加方式1.掃描上方可可官方微信二維碼。
    添加方式2.搜索微信號ikekenet添加即可。
    主站蜘蛛池模板: 6夜间飞行的秘密| 疯狂 电影| 田教授的28个保姆演员表| 曹东| 初夜在线观看| 丁丁历险记电影| 真实游戏电影无删减完整版| 蜡笔小新日语原版| 一闪一闪亮晶晶钢琴谱简谱| 真爱的谎言| 英语书七年级下册单词表| 赵健的读书日记| 夫妻的情妇| 三寸天堂简谱| 草逼操| midjourney中文版| 漂亮阿姨 李恩美演的什么电影| 台湾卫视| 画江湖之不良人电影| 济公斗蟋蟀| 美丽女老师| 林正英复仇电影| 黑帮大佬365日| 小春兰| 尹雪喜代表作有哪些电影| 人口腔上皮结构图| 李保国电影| 杏色xs| 玛姬·格蕾斯| 用药错误应急预案演练脚本| 吉泽明步电影| 成人男女网24免费| 林子祥电影| 听风者电视剧40集完整版在线观看| 年会不能停免费观看完整版电影| 山东教育电视台直播| 抗日名将卫立煌 电影| 儿童视力| 电视剧《反击》主要演员| 一声所爱·大地飞歌| 金枝玉叶电视剧免费观看|