I'm always looking for ways that I can squeeze more in.
我一直都在想辦法擠出更多的時間
At one point I did think I'm going
有時候 我真的認為
to have to give up eating, sleeping or one of my jobs.
我會廢寢忘食 或是放棄一項工作
It did cross my mind actually that
我的確有過這樣的想法
if I could get my hands on something like that again,
如果我能再一次服用那種藥物
it would be, you know... maybe to my advantage.
也許 也許會增加我的優(yōu)勢
I'm not sure about a pill
我不會用這種藥
that would make you more intelligent.
這種能讓人變聰明的藥物
We're happy being a bit... on the thick side.
我們就這樣笨笨的也挺開心的
Yeah, being a bit thick's OK.
是的 笨一點也挺好的
We'd like to think our drugs are designed
我們都一廂情愿地認為
for exact purposes,
藥物是為特定目的而設計的
but they're not as targeted as we think.
但是它們并不像我們想象的那么有準頭
We only discover where in our bodies
當我們服藥的時候
they work when we take them.
我們僅僅知道它的作用部位
It turns out Ventolin inhalers,
實際上 喘樂寧氣霧劑
a treatment for asthma,
一種治療哮喘的藥物
can also prevent premature labour,
同樣可以預防早產
and arsenic, a notorious poison,
砒霜 一種毒藥
is making a comeback as a treatment for leukaemia.
正在白血病治療中嶄露頭角
Even the fastest-selling drug
即便有史以來最暢銷的藥物
of all time is not used for what it was designed.
它現在的用途也并非當初設計的初衷