Our relationship with pills
我們和藥物的聯系
starts from the very beginning of our lives,
從生命的最初開始
from the medicines handed to us by our parents.
從父母遞給我們藥片時就開始了
I used to get so upset having to
以前必須吃這些止痛藥
take these pain killers because I didn't want to,
總讓我很煩惱 因為我不想吃
so my mum, I was probably about five,
我當時大概五歲 所以我媽
and my mum used to snap them in half
把它們掰成兩半
and tip the actual medication into orange squash for me.
把藥倒到橙汁里給我喝
My mum gives me my tablets every day.
我媽媽每天都給我吃藥
As we grow up, we begin to pop pills for everything.
隨著我們長大 我們開始凡事依賴藥物
There are the antibiotics we take to fight off disease,
我們服用抗生素 去抗擊疾病
more than one course every two years of our lives.
每兩年還要吃不止一個療程
The 28,000 pain killers we each take
有28000種止痛藥供人挑選
to make us feel better.
用于減少痛苦
Pills to stop us having babies.
還有幫人避孕的藥片
I actually got pregnant on the pill.
我其實是靠吃藥幫助才懷孕的
So...
所以
Medicines to carry us through middle age.
幫人度過中年綜合癥的藥物
Statins.
抑制素[他汀類藥物 用以降低膽固醇]
Simvastatin. Simvastatin.
辛伐他汀 還是辛伐他汀
Even tablets to extend our youth
甚至還有幫我們延緩衰老
and improve our performance in bed.
提升床上戰斗力的藥物