1、It's rainning cats and dogs
瓢潑大雨
Every spring in Hangzhou there are many days when it’s raining cats & dogs
2、It’s entirely up to you
這完全取決于你的決定
It’s up to you
決定權在你,你決定吧
Where would you like to eat for dinner tonight?
“It’s up to you”
3、Whatever you like
隨便你
What movie shall I put on for us today?
Whatever you like, I’m easy.
4、Try not to
盡量不要
When you’re cooking dinner try not to forget to put the rice on
5、as far as possible
盡最大可能
As far as possible let’s try to leave on time. We’re always late!
6、tiny bit
非常
As everyone has probably heard, In the English sense of humor people often say the opposite of what they mean to say something but add some humor to it. For example: If you think something is very ugly, you might often say, wow, I’ve never seen such a beautiful something.
大家知道英式幽默中很重要的成分是說反話,比如你的意思是這個東西很丑你就會用調侃的語氣說:哇~還會有比這更漂亮的東西嗎?
After Watson arrived on the crime scene carrying the laptop for Sherlock he said: You realize this is a tiny bit humiliating. Here he mean’s it’s very humiliating, so he’s feeling embarrassed.
后來華生到達案發現場時和卷福無線視頻時他說You realize this is a tiny bit humiliating,在這里他就用tiny bit 表示非常的意思.
7、there is no point in doing something
做某事沒意義,沒必要做某事
There’s no point in my wearing nice clothes today, I need to paint the walls.
There’s no point in watering the flowers today, it’s going to rain tomorrow.”
8、hardly
幾乎不,根本不
You can hardly blame me for not washing the clothes, I’ve been busy all day.
9、hardly ever do something
很少做某事,完全不做某事
I hardly ever go to the beach, and it’s just too far away