Today, as I suspend my campaign,
今天,我終止參加競選活動。
I congratulate him on the victory he has won and the extraordinary race he has run.
我要對奧巴馬所取得的勝利以及他在競選中取得的不俗成績表示祝賀。
I endorse him and throw my full support behind him.
我將在他身后全力支持他。
And I ask all of you to join me in working as hard for Barack Obama as you have for me.
我要你們所有人和我一起支持奧巴馬,就像你們支持我那樣去支持他。
I have served in the Senate with him for four years.
我和他在參議院工作了4年。
I have been in this campaign with him for 16 months.
在過去的16個月里,我和他競選總統。
I have stood on the stage and gone toe-to-toe with him in 22 debates.
我站在臺上和他面對面進行了22場辯論。
I've had a front-row seat to his candidacy, and I have seen his strength and determination, his grace and his grit.
我曾坐在他候選演講的最前排,我看到了他的力量和決斷、他的優雅和剛毅。
In his own life, Barack Obama has lived the American dream, as a community organizer.
在他自己的生命中,巴拉克·奧巴馬作為團體的組織者實現著美國夢。
In the State Senate, as a United States senator, he has dedicated himself to ensuring the dream is realized.
在參議院中,他作為國家參議員全力以赴確保這個夢得以實現。
And in this campaign, he has inspired so many to become involved in the democratic process and invested in our common future.
在競選中,他鼓舞了無數人來加入推進民主進程,為了我們共同的未來而努力。
Now, when I started this race,
現在,當我開始了這項競選。
I intended to win back the White House and make sure we have a president who puts our country back on the path to peace, prosperity and progress.
我的目的是贏得白宮并且確定我們能夠有一個這樣的總統,他使我們的國家和平、富足、進步。
And that's exactly what we're going to, by ensuring that Barack Obama walks through the doors of the Oval Office on January 20, 2009.
這正是我們要做的事:確保巴拉克·奧巴馬在2009年1月20日能夠進入那橢圓形辦公室的大門。