Turn your face to the sun
面朝太陽
Beloved,
親愛的:
There are days when nothing seems right, when every shell you pick up on the winding shore is broken,when the silken treasure slips through your fingers too quickly, and when comforts are empty and the world is noisy.
總有這樣的日子:一切似乎都不正常,你在彎彎曲曲的海灘上撿到的貝殼都是殘缺不全的,珍貴的寶物從你指縫中一忽兒就溜走了,別人應該給的慰藉蕩然無存,而整個世界喧鬧不堪。
On those jagged edged days, when the wind is screaming for a reason only she understands.
在那些艱難的日子里,狂風莫名地呼嘯,
And you find yourself all alone.
而你發現自只是孤身一人。
Turn your face to the sun.
面朝太陽吧。
There is goodness in the world that even the river of tears cannot erase.
因為人世間存在美善,即便是成河的淚水也無法將其沖掉。
There is love in the world that the numbed armies of fear can not destroy.
因為人世間存在著真愛,即便是冰冷的恐懼也不能將其摧毀。
Sometimes that goodness is everywhere apparent.
有時,那種美善處處可見,
It pours from the heart of every moment, from the light of every smile.
它來自每時每刻跳動的心,來自每一個微笑。
On those soft days, love hides in the eaves to drop like sweet honey on your forehead and sings her lilting lullabies in the arms of the winds.
在那些順風順水的日子里,甘甜如蜜的真愛由天而降,在和風的懷抱中唱著輕快的歌。
But on some days, Beloved. On days like today...
但是親愛的,在有些日子里,比如今天…
We need to look, to see.
我們需要去留意,去觀察。
So turn your face to the sun.
所以,面朝太陽吧。
Even when she is nowhere to be seen.
即便是在她躲了起來,不知所蹤的時候。
Go inside yourself. Find a speck, a splinter of beauty to be grateful for.
審視自己,找到一處可以讓你感激的美麗瑕疵吧。
Yes, the day has worn you.
是的,生活讓你疲憊不堪。
And Yes,our mistakes have been so many.
是的,我們的失誤是如此之多。
But say Thank you anyway.
但不管怎樣,說聲謝謝吧。
Take account of all that is in your possession.
善待你所擁有的一切,
A mind. A heart. A body.
思想,心靈,還有身體。
A life that breathes, even if for just one more day.
還有能夠呼吸的每一天,即便是還有最后一天。
Now count the eyes that have smiled at you on your wild journey,
數數在你流浪的旅途中對你微笑的眼睛,
the hands that have held you tenderly,
溫柔地扶著你的大手,
the ears that have listened,
傾聽你心聲的耳朵,
the prayers that have been made on your behalf.
還有為你祈禱的聲音。
And whisper your Thank you again.
然后,再次說聲謝謝吧。
Count the sky that has watched you grow with His painted eyes,
數數那用五彩斑斕的眼睛注視這你成長的藍天,
The heaving waves that find their echo in the tides of your breathing,
隨著你呼吸的節奏而激蕩回響的起伏的波浪,
The little birds that have sung you their songs,
還有獻給你歌聲的鳥兒,
The stars which have been a lamp to your path,
照亮你路途
and are your rightful inheritance.
而又屬于你的星星。