重點講解:
1. take care of
照顧;注意;撫養
eg. "Yeah, I have to be here to take care of her," he said.
王志軍也咧嘴笑著說:“是啊,我必須在這照顧她。”
eg. If you take care of something, you begin to love it — which makes us very vulnerable.
如果你照顧某些事情,你已經開始愛上它了--這讓我們非常的投入.
2. far away from
遠離;離…遠
eg. Like these men, my wife and I and my coworkers are all far away from anywhere we might call home.
就像這些人一樣,我和我的妻子以及同事們都遠離了我們可以叫做家的地方。
eg. If you are still far away from your ideal balanced day schedule, try to think about an ideal balanced week.
如果你仍然遠離你的理想平衡天時間表,試著去思考一個理想的平衡的星期。
3. economic downturn
經濟低迷;經濟不景氣;經濟滑坡
eg. In a time of rapid globalisation and the current economic downturn, we should seize the opportunity that open innovation offers us to work collectively and efficiently towards a better future for all.
在這個迅速全球化而當前經濟低迷的時代,我們應該抓住開放創新提供給我們的機會,為所有人的更美好未來而協同有效地工作。
eg. Then, what should the innovation focus on in the economic downturn?
那么,經濟低迷期,企業創新的主要著眼點在哪里?
4. go through
參加;經受;仔細檢查;被通過
eg. He was going through a very difficult time.
他在經歷一段非常艱難的時期。
eg. It was evident that someone had gone through my possessions.
顯然有人翻過我的物品。
背景資料
切普·柯利是幸福生活酒店(Joie de Vivre)的創立者、執行主席以及CEO。幸福生活酒店是他于1987年創立的,當時切普才26歲。如今,酒店已發展成美國加利福尼亞州最大的精品酒店集團。
切普曾被《金山商務時報》評為舊金山去“最有創新精神的CEO”。