“Uncle Benjen is looking for you,” he told Jon. “He wanted to be gone an hour ago.”
"班揚叔叔在找你,"他對瓊恩說,"他本來一小時前就打算動身了。"
“I know,” Jon said. “Soon.” He looked around at all the noise and confusion. “Leaving is harder than I thought.”
"我知道,"瓊恩答道,"我馬上就去。"他環顧身邊周遭的人馬雜沓,眾聲喧嘩。"沒想到離別這么難。"
“For me too,” Robb said. He had snow in his hair, melting from the heat of his body. “Did you see him?”
"可不是么。"羅柏說。沾落他發際的雪花,正因體溫而逐漸融化。"見過他了嗎?"
Jon nodded, not trusting himself to speak.
瓊恩點點頭,不敢開口,不知道自己會說出什么話。
“He’s not going to die,” Robb said. “I know it.”
"他不會死。"羅柏道,"我知道他不會死。"
“You Starks are hard to kill,” Jon agreed. His voice was flat and tired. The visit had taken all the strength from him.
"你們史塔克的命的確很硬。"瓊恩同意。他的聲音有氣無力,剛才的事情已經抽干了他每一分力氣。
Robb knew something was wrong. “My mother?”
羅柏立刻察覺事有蹊蹺。"我母親她……"
“She was very kind,” Jon told him.
"她……待我很親切。"瓊恩告訴他。
Robb looked relieved. “Good.” He smiled. “The next time I see you, you’ll be all in black.”
羅柏松了一口氣。"那就好,"他咧嘴笑道,"下次我們碰面,你就全身黑衣黑甲了。"
Jon forced himself to smile back. “It was always my color. How long do you think it will be?”
瓊恩擠出一絲笑容:"黑色本來就很配我。依你看,咱們要多久才能再見面呢?"
“Soon enough,” Robb promised. He pulled Jon to him and embraced him fiercely. “Farewell, Snow.”
"不會太久。"羅柏保證。他把瓊恩拉過來,用力緊緊地抱住他。"雪諾,多保重。"
Jon hugged him back. “And you, Stark. Take care of Bran.”
瓊恩也激動地緊摟著對方:"史塔克,你也一樣,好好照顧布蘭。"
“I will.” They broke apart and looked at each other awkwardly. “Uncle Benjen said to send you to the stables if I saw you,” Robb said finally.
“I have one more farewell to make,” Jon told him.
"我還得跟一個人說再見。"瓊恩告訴他。
背景介紹:
《權力的游戲》是一部中世紀史詩奇幻題材的電視連續劇。該劇以美國作家喬治·R·R·馬丁的奇幻巨作《冰與火之歌》七部曲為基礎改編創作,由大衛·貝尼奧夫和丹尼爾·威斯編劇、HBO電視網推出。喬治·雷蒙德·理查德·馬丁是歐美奇幻小說大師。馬丁的作品主要以人物為關注點,描寫細膩豐富,突破了幻想文學界固有的創作模式,多次引領閱讀潮流。由于馬丁的輝煌成就,他被譽為美國的托爾金和新世紀的海明威。從1989年開始,馬丁淡出文學界,轉而投身演藝界發展,1996年他才重返文壇而開始奇幻文學的創作,處女作便是《權力的游戲》,即為《冰與火之歌》的首部曲。《權力的游戲》甫出便拿下了British Fantasy Society、 世界奇幻獎和星云獎年度最佳幻想作品提名,在非官方的不記名奇幻作品投票中,《冰與火之歌》儼然已經可以和《魔戒》平起平坐,作者網站的訪問量也是和斯蒂芬·金、J.K.羅琳等不相上下,其受歡迎的程度可見一斑。喬治馬丁被時代雜志評選為2011年影響世界的一百人之一。