Situation 17: Dinner
場景 17: 晚餐
(While Robert is finishing his homework, his mother makes dinner.
(羅勃特完成他的作業時,他的媽媽在做飯.
When his father comes home from work,
他爸爸下班后,
Robert, his father, mother,
羅勃特,他爸爸,媽媽,
and older brother Sam go into the kitchen to eat dinner.)
還有他哥哥瑟姆來到廚房吃飯.)
Dinner's ready. Come into the kitchen.
開飯了.到廚房來.
I'll be there soon.
我就來.
I just have to wash my hands.
我要洗一下手.
Sam, Robert, you two wash your hands too.
瑟姆,羅勃特,你們也洗一下.
Okay, dad.
好的,爸爸.
Yes, sir.
是,先生.
Robert, why are you being so polite?
羅勃特,你怎么這么有禮貌?
No, sir. I'm not being polite.
不是的,先生.我不是有禮貌.
I've just decided to be a good student. That's all.
我只是想做一個好學生.僅此而已.
I'm happy to hear that.
聽到這個我很高興.
Playing games is fun but getting good grades in school is important too.
玩游戲很有趣但是考出好成績也很重要.
Dear, what's for dinner?
親愛的,晚餐吃什么?
We have spaghetti and meatballs and garlic bread.
我們有意大利式面條,肉圓子和咖喱面包.
Great. I love garlic bread.
太棒了.我喜歡咖喱面包.
Yeah, and I love meatballs.
我喜歡肉圓子.
And you know I like spagetti a lot.
你知道我很喜歡意大利面條.
You're the best, dear.
你是最好的,親愛的.
You don't have to say that.
你不必那么說.
I just love my family and I enjoy making you happy.
我只是愛我的家,我希望你們開心.
I'm happy.
我很高興.
And I'll be even happier if you give me some more meatballs.
如果你給我更多的肉圓子我會更高興.
Say please.
說“請”.
Please give me some more.
請給我們多一些.
That's better.
好一些.
Dad, can I talk to you after dinner?
爸爸,晚餐后我能跟你談談嗎?
Sure. But first let me have a cup of coffee, okay?
當然.但是先讓我喝一杯咖啡,好嗎?
Okay.
好.